auditory neuropathy

daisii

Reaction score
hi, I hope nobody minds me posting here.... I am after some research! I am a teacher of the deaf and as part of my work I work with children who have auditory neuropathy. As it is a relatively 'new' problem or should I say one that until relatively recently nobody diagnosed. There has been little research done. Although a lot more is being done now.

anyway my question is to all those with moms with babies/toddlers with AN do any of them respond to noise in their sleep (eg, door closing/clapping/dog bark etc) that they would not respond to when awake?

Nope.

My son was diagnosed with AN when he was 6m actual age; he's finally now responding in the VRA tests and they have diagnosed moderate loss at the lower frequencies sloping to profound loss in the high frequencies.

He doesn't respond to door closing, dog barking, or sharp claps during the night. He never really responded to these in the daytime either if he wasn't able to see the source (e.g. us clapping). He does respond to some sounds during the daytime without his aids (e.g. the Underdog advert on television) but nothing disturbs his sleep!

thanks, hope all is going well with you're LO. glad that he is responding to VRA test, it makes such a difference when they can!

No Ive not noticed any reaction whether awake or asleep although I will try and watch her a bit more when she's asleep and there's a loud noise as Ive never really thought about responses when she's asleep although I probs would have noticed anyway if there was any

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->