Autumn born in June???

sticky_wishes

Pregnant with #1
Reaction score
Im due in June with our team yellow baby.

Girls names have been tough to decide...I love the name Autumn.

Mn will be Blossom which is my Nans name. So Blossom is non- negotiable.

Does Autumn Blossom go?
Does it matter that Autumn will not be born in the Autumn?

Thanks

Autumn Blossom is nice. I think its a good thing that she won't be born in autumn.

my friends daughter is named Autumn and it took forever to get use to the fact that she was actually born in February... its like calling your kid Tuesday when they where born on a Sunday - I just dont get it

im not sure I like descriptive names (like: Scarlet Rose, Rainy Mae, Daisy Meadow etc...) your naming a child not writing a book

I like the name Autumn, but when coupled with Blossom it just sounds like you're describing a tree… if that makes sense. x

my friends daughter is named Autumn and it took forever to get use to the fact that she was actually born in February... its like calling your kid Tuesday when they where born on a Sunday - I just dont get it

im not sure I like descriptive names (like: Scarlet Rose, Rainy Mae, Daisy Meadow etc...) your naming a child not writing a book

See I love the name Autumn, DH thinks its just a season, so we won't be using the name.

I imagine a lot of people feel the same as you do about the name, that's the reason for the post. I wanted to see if it was just DH opinion or others too. Im still not convinced your theory makes sense when you consider the name May, which is really popular.

I agree that the Autumn and Blossom sounds too descriptive though. Thanks

I don't think it matters about whether the baby is born in autumn or not , I know girls named summer that were born in winter and spring.....like you say, it's like name the name May, April and June for that matter :)

I like the name Autumn, but when coupled with Blossom it just sounds like you're describing a tree… if that makes sense. x

Yes that does make sense. I hadn't thought about it to be honest. Thanks

I don't think it matters about whether the baby is born in autumn or not , I know girls named summer that were born in winter and spring.....like you say, it's like name the name May, April and June for that matter :)

Thanks, this is how I feel but I think I would get too many comments, if I were to name her Autumn.

Ive been thinking of other names that go with Blossom and I think Evie Blossom is beautiful. Blossom is a beautiful mn.

I love autumn. I suggested to dh but he wasent keen. I think its beautiful

I agree about Autumn Blossom being too descriptive. When I was pregnant with my third child for a girl I fell in love with the name Honey and also Blossom as a middle name but Honey Blossom was just too descriptive/too much IMO. So we kept Honey as a name with no middle name, and her little sister is called Kaysie Blossom <3

I love it if this bAby us a girl she will be Eliza Lily Blossom as Blossom is a family name xx

I love the name Autumn. I don't know why anyone would think you can only use the name Autumn if baby is born in Autumn, that just doesn't make sense.

My friend's daughter is called Summer and born in October, I love her name and never even thought about it being the 'wrong' season, it's just her name! However, OH is so confused by it! He mentions it whenever I talk about her!

There are lots of seasonal names: Ivy, Noelle, Holly, Summer, etc...I don't think I'd let the birth month dictate whether or not I chose one though. I like the name Autumn, although maybe not with the middle name Blossom. I like the suggestion above for Evie Blossom, though. I think lots of names would sound nice with Blossom.

how is Ivy a seasonal name :wacko: I can guarantee you as someone who has live in 3 Ivy coated houses that Ivy lives all year around

I love the name Autumn, but I would personally only use it for a baby born in the fall. I also love Wynter & Noelle (as a middle name) but would only use one of them for a baby born in the winter. If I had a baby girl near Valentine's Day I would use the mn Valentina. Just my opinion tho!

Blossom is a very sweet mn. I'm sure you will find the perfect 1st name to compliment it (Autumn Blossom doesn't go great together anyhow - more like the name of a tree or a horse).

how is Ivy a seasonal name :wacko: I can guarantee you as someone who has live in 3 Ivy coated houses that Ivy lives all year around

Around here it's kind of associated with Christmas, and the song "The Holly and the Ivy" even though it grows in many seasons. But my point was really that it doesn't matter if a name is seasonal or not. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->