Autumn or Zara?

Leinaala81

Reaction score
My husband and I have narrowed down our baby girl names to Autumn and Zara, but we can't decide between the two. We want to keep the name a surprise for family/friends, but some neutral input would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Zara

I think Autumn got a bit 'faddy' iykwim. I know a lot of Summers and Autumns in the 1-3 age group.

I love Autumn - it's a gorgeous name! And the best time of year!!

I have never known anyone named Zara - and chances are different ppl will pronounce it differently (zair-uh / zare-uh)... it may get annoying to constantly correct ppl as to which way you prefer. Just a thought!

Zara is gorgeous! Not really a fan of Autumn (no reasoning behind that)

I don't think many people will mis-pronounce it any more than names like Tara, Lara, Marra, etc. I'd say it as Zarr-uh though not sure if that's what you're going for

I vote Zara- I'm guessing where you live it won't make people think of the clothing shop. My cousin has a daughter named Autumn so I associate it a bit as a trashy pageant girl name (like Crystal, Misty) because of her.

I like Autumn, I don't know why but I quite dislike names beginning with Z, I think they're too harsh sounding.

Like Zara a good deal but it makes me think of one of my favorite clothing shops. :flower: ...not that that is bad!

I love Autumn. Like some other posters, I think of Zara the clothes shop too xxx

Thanks for all your input! Baby girl is due at the end of October, so hopefully we can choose by then!

Autumn I love unusual names I like indigo too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->