Aversion to water?!

eris

Reaction score
I normally drink water. I will take that over soda, juice, tea or milk, but the last couple of days I can't even look at it without being grossed out by it.

Anyone else have this problem and if so what are you drinking instead?

I had a big aversion to water with my last pregnancy. I have a slight one now but it's not nearly as bad as it was with my son!

With my last pregnancy I used a natural stevia water enhancer - hhttp://www.amazon.com/Natural-Stevia-Water-Enhancer-Variety/dp/B00C1LXBFC

It's safe during pregnancy, no artificial dyes/sweeteners and makes water tolerable. I believe there are other similar water 'enhancers' like crystal light pure that use stevia as well.

Thanks! Definitely looking into that!

Could you not try flavoured water or use cordial?

Hope your aversion disappears soon!

Actually, now that it's mentioned, water has been having a really funny taste. Hmmm.....

I swear by squeezing a lemon in your water. Lemon really helps with morning sickness and bloating. Another bonus is that it also adjust the ph of the water to help heartburn. Something about fresh lemon and a few ice cubes makes all water taste so much better right now!

In this pregnancy and in my last pregnancy I couldn't even stomach the thought of water... I tried to force myself to drink it and would vomit it out within mere minutes every time :sick:.

I second that squeezing lemon in it can be life saving :haha: (or infusing a container of water with sliced oranges/lemons/limes/grapes/cherries/blueberries/combos/etc). Beyond that I shamefully chugged down "natural" sodas (ones made with real sugar and fruit juice lol [although I did cave and drink sierra mist a time or two]). Some days I craved the sh*t out of chocolate milk. Tea was repulsive (most of it still is :(). Orange juice (fresh if you can!) and naughty grenadine is yummy. Egg nog is out and that was something else I could stomach (organic and light tho').

It was really a chore trying to keep hydrated up until about last week.

Ya'll are becoming a life saver! As soon as I develop a new symptom before I can panic, my issue is here on the forum!!!

The only wave of nausea I have had thus far is from a big gulp of water. I have been diluting my water with cucumbers or apple juice since then.

Hope this goes away:wacko:

I am also in similar boat. Try a different brand of water. Sometimes the taste is slightly different. I greatly prefer Arrowhead water to any other brand (Weird taste issues!!) :haha: I also drink coconut water, lemonade or orange juice in place of water sometimes. I really like the plain coconut water. :)

I have it too !! Am just putting drops off juice in too take what ever is making me sick away !! I normally love water but at the moment I can taste how boring it is which is strange , I have also gone off tea did with my daughter aswell !!! X

Yeah, I have this too. If I force halve glass of water into my stomach I immediately feel nauseas. It tastes weird too and I use to be a big water drinker. I could not drink tea anymore for the same matter - it tastes strange, even the best tea (£5 for 15 bags) lost it aroma and taste like if someone soaked a sock in it.
I also noticed that lemon in water or tea helps.

I have had this same problem. I have noticed that any time I drink water I feel a little bit queasy afterward, almost like morning sickness. Of course, I still drink it but I just don't like it!

I have the SAME thing! Any time I drink water I am immediatley sick. I don't throw up but i'm extremely nauseous, but unfortunatley with me it's ALL liquid, so it's not like tea, or soda makes it better. It seems any liquid in my stomach doesn't agree. I know i'm not drinking enough, but I don't know what else do to!?

How weird to have an aversion to water anyway. But I notice that the more filtered the water is the better it tastes. If only I could get my mothers water shipped to me that would be fantastical. She lives in the foothills of the blue ridge mountains and so has the cleanest tasting yummiest water ever.

However, I never even thought of adding lemon to my water. I'm gonna try that. Went to the health food store and tried some of that stevia flavoring and didn't care for it. :(

CantHrdlyWait, try the fresh squeezed lemon in it and see if it helps!

How weird to have an aversion to water anyway. But I notice that the more filtered the water is the better it tastes. If only I could get my mothers water shipped to me that would be fantastical. She lives in the foothills of the blue ridge mountains and so has the cleanest tasting yummiest water ever.

However, I never even thought of adding lemon to my water. I'm gonna try that. Went to the health food store and tried some of that stevia flavoring and didn't care for it. :(

CantHrdlyWait, try the fresh squeezed lemon in it and see if it helps!

The first time I've ever heard anyone describe water as yummy! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->