Aveta's WTT Journal of Desperation...Update! BFP!

Aveta

Reaction score
Hello!

Well, I saw the other girls journals and it looks like a good way to get baby cravings off my chest. So here's my story...

I'm 21, a student midwife, and got married last summer to a wonderful man. Up until the wedding I kept saying I didn't want a baby for years....like when I'm 27/28 and have my training out of the way, and established my career.

After the wedding it's like a light switch flipped on in my head, and I just got broodier and broodier each month. After about 3 months I confessed to my husband that my feelings had changed, and that I was really feeling like I want to have a baby soon. I asked him what he thought about it...and he said that he's not ready. Maybe in a few years, once we have enough money, bigger place, once i've finished my training etc. He also said he wants to get to know me more and spend time with it being just the two of us. I totally understand his reasoning...but that hasn't stopped my head from coming up with different opinions.

1. We'll never have "enough" money. I don't plan on buying a million things for our children and we have so many relatives that have a lot of baby clothes. Plus, I'm an avid charity shop-shopper, and there are fantastic second hand bargians to be found, including clothing. Babies don't have to be expensive. I managed to get my husband to see this, I think.

2. We have a 1 bedroom flat with a small computer room. We could make it work, or move to somewhere with the same price rent, just a better layout. Either way...I don't want a bigger flat. I don't like big houses/flats, and we have enough room here for 1 kid.

3. My course....well, as it works out we get paid a years maternity pay if we fall pregnant while on the course. I guess it's an occupational hazard with all these pregnant women around, it's contagious! So the way I look at it is that if I have a baby while training I can have a year off, and come back into my training with the support of tutors and mentors, instead of coming back into being a fully qualified midwife with no one to help teach me skills I may have forgotten while away for a year.

Plus, if we have a baby while I'm training I'll get help with childcare when I return to the course.

My ideal plan would be to start trying this summer, which means that if I fell pregnant immediately, or if it took us a year, we would still have enough time left on my course to go on maternity leave and come back into training.

Sooooo, my husband sees my logic, but he's not ready. And him not being ready is something I can't force him to do. I want him to be excited about it, I want him to run out and buy me a pg test the first day I miss my period and wait anxiously for a positive line, I want him to see baby boots and imagine them on our baby, I want him to imagine me giving birth and holding his baby for the first time, and seeing our baby grow up calling him Daddy....but I guess I just have to wait until he sees what I see.

I'm just getting to the point where I want to have a cry every time I think of a baby :baby::cry:. I so want a big pregnant belly with a LIFE growing inside of it. I'll take the heartburn, the sleepless nights, the labour! I just want to be a mummy :hissy:

Anyone been in a similar situation?

Yep totally. I have been with my H for nearly 9 years now so all the "getting to know each other" and "spending time just the two of you" have been done. H is deep into his hobby right now and cannot be pulled out !!! it is highly expensive so we have to wait until this season is over before we can have a baby - though we can try during this time. Not 150% sure that he is totally ready either.

I am at the stage that I cannot look at babies without the feeling of longing or crying - it must be extra hard for you in your job - how do you cope ???

Welcome to wtc in the meantime xx

I'm with you Aveta, as well as a few other ladies on here I'm sure. My OH isnt ready. I'd have a baby now if he was in agreement but he wants to wait a couple of years, till we have more money & have both found new jobs that we like and are secure in. Plus I'm 24 and hes only 22, so he feels he's not ready to be a dad yet.I totally understand but it doesnt make it easier.You're right that we cant force them to be ready, and the more we talk about it the more stubborn they will get. It does sound as if you've looked into it a lot & seen that its possible for you to have a baby whilst training, so good for you. Have another chat with him & tell him what you've worked out, and also ask him what his worries are. You may have to drop the subject for a few months then try again.... Its so hard tho, I'm trying not to talk about babies too much to my OH but it feels like i'm bubbling over with baby emotions and for the first time yesterday we went to a garden centre and there were kids everywhere and I just felt so jealous!

Wishing you all the best, and even if you do end up having to wait a little while (like me, i'm prob gonna have to wait 2 years) then I hope the time goes quickly for you. xx

Um, I don't cope. I've been on the course since September and not even been out on placement yet. I sit in class and long for a baby, and long for it to be me that's the pregnant woman! Even when we're learning about hormones and the side effects (heartburn, sore muscles, back ache, constipation etc etc.) I'm like - I want to be pregnant!

We go out on community placement soon, and I think I'll just have a mental breakdown. I'll be visiting pregnant mums and new mums and their babies every day 9-5!!!!!

Also, we're going to stay with my parents at Christmas, and my sister just had a baby. i really want to see him again, but at the same time I know I'll probably find it really hard and cry a lot.

God.

Right, I've decided that I'm not going to talk about babies for a whole month. Just on here, but not at uni, to friends, my mum, sister and most importantly husband.

So on the 14th of Jan I will ask him about it again, but until then I am going to leave it for him to think about. Hopefully it will give him a chance to really think about it, and see my sister and her partner with their baby over Christmas, maybe helping him see that it is a rewarding life-changing experience. And if he doesn't then....I'll go nuts for a little longer, and just keep waiting!

awww :hugs:

I know exactly what it's like!!

Good luck on your journey :D

Aww hun its hard i am not going to say its easy! today i saw a friends baby shes a couple of weeks old, and i was like, I WANT ONE NOW!!!!
I dont think i would cope as a midwife! lol
xx

Um, I don't cope. I've been on the course since September and not even been out on placement yet. I sit in class and long for a baby, and long for it to be me that's the pregnant woman! Even when we're learning about hormones and the side effects (heartburn, sore muscles, back ache, constipation etc etc.) I'm like - I want to be pregnant!

We go out on community placement soon, and I think I'll just have a mental breakdown. I'll be visiting pregnant mums and new mums and their babies every day 9-5!!!!!

Also, we're going to stay with my parents at Christmas, and my sister just had a baby. i really want to see him again, but at the same time I know I'll probably find it really hard and cry a lot.

God.

Wow - I admire your courage, I wish you luck as I can imagine how hard it is for you - on the plus side though you will know all the ins and outs so when you do become a mum you will be fab !!!!!!!!!

Haha, I think my midwifery training might help me understand pregnancy and birth more, but it doesn't give me any training on being a mum! Lol, after the midwife discharges me at 28 days I'll have no textbooks to refer to anymore!!

Well, today has been ok cause I haven't seen OH, lol. But last night I was revising and came across this website about making your own wrap and how to use it to carry a baby. I saw this photo and I made some kind of mumble/weak at the knees noise, even though I was all alone in the house. Ah, I'm a headcase.

I managed not to mention it to OH when he came home, but it was hard!

https://www.mamatoto.org/HowTo/FrontTorso/1.jpg

The website is really good - https://www.mamatoto.org/Default.aspx?tabid=193

Awr! Hats of to you chick! i don't know how you do midwifery and manage to keep your thoughts / feelings to yourself! god knows I couldnt and I do accounting!! haha

Don't worry about how you'll be as a mummy, it'll come naturally, all you need is love and a stable homelife, Im sure you will be fantastic, like the rest of the lovely ladies on this site!!

Lou
xxx

That picture is beautiful by the way!!

I just talked to my sister today, for ages. She told me how wonderful having a baby is and even though she is young she just keeps wondering why she didn't do it sooner. She says it's the best, and said that my mum mentioned I was broody, and she thinks it would be great if we had a baby....

](*,)

I came up with a new date that would still be within my training time so I can return to it after a year off- April 2010 to get pregnant. This gives us about 6 months to try and means that when I return to training I'll only have a few months left so it'll be easier to get the motivation together to return. It also means I can get the hang of my course before having to work shifts and do class work while pregnant.

I felt very happy with this date and asked OH about it....he said no :( maybe a year after that.

It came up two days later and we talked about it some and he said - "YES" !!!

Now we've had lots of conversations about 'our children', what it will be like, stupid names that we will never call our baby, etc etc. And from his face I can see that he is actually excited :) :)

Woooooooohoooooooo! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

I didn't think it was going to happen for years!! I was so envious of those of you that said you actually had a date to look forward to...but now that's me! Woo! :happydance:

So in the next year and a bit I plan to -

1. Put on a bit of muscle. I'm naturally very small but I know if I put on some muscle through swimming and cycling I'll have better posture and a healthier body. I already cycle everywhere so that's a good start.

2. Start yoga. I love yoga but recently I've been moving about a lot. Now that I'm settled in I want to commit to yoga once a week.

3. Go skydiving for charity again, hopefully with hubby this time.

4. Make some good friends. We recently moved to a new city and I know I'll need some support when I have a new baby so I need to get to know more people here!

5. Go on a holiday. We already have this booked, just for the two of us!

6. Save up some money. I started saving a few months ago, lol, just incase hubby suddenly changed his mind!

That's it for now, generally enjoy this year and get in good health to have a baby! Oh, and I chart my periods at the moment cause they were a little irregular. Now they have started to regulate and so I bought a digital thermometer to start to track my ovulation. I know it's really early, but I love knowing what's going on with me and when to expect the mood swings!

Ok that's all for tonight. Better get back to my studying!

Sounds like you've got a good plan worked out. I like that you have things to do before you start ttc. Good ideas!

Hi Aveta!Glad youve got a date set-that must make things a LOT easier for you.I hope it comes quickly for you x

How can I get my journal moved over into the "Journal's" section?

Hi,

I am in the same position i really want a baby now!! My sister-in-law has just has a gorgeous little girl and it has made me sooo broody!! Our house is not big 1 bed and a box room, and am so skint too but i just think there will never be a right time and i dont care i just want 1 now so much!!!! but am really scared at the same time!!!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->