Avocado

goddess25

Reaction score
Really stupid question. Can you freeze it? someone told me you cant but dont know if this is true. I have some in the freezer that I mashed up yesterday and he hated it so going to try again, any good things to mix it with.

There ya go:

Contrary to popular use, you can freeze Avocado. Not whole or in slices, or in any way that you'd want to use in any kind of "solid" way afterward, but rather as a purée that you can use as a salad dressing, sandwich spread or base for a dip such as guacamole. Start with soft, ripe fruit. Remove the flesh into a bowl, mash with something acidic such as lemon or lime juice (use 1 tbsp per two Avocados). Pack into plastic container with a lid, leave a bit of room at the top for expansion during freezing, and freeze for up to 5 months.
https://www.practicallyedible.com/edible.nsf/pages/avocado

Ben wasnt keen on it but I did try mixing it with a pea puree and a cucumber puree and he ate that

x

Elliot seems to enjoy slices of it. Thanks for the freezing tip - useful to know for future reference :)

I give it to Alfie mashed up with kiwi and he loved it :)

I'm going to mix it (pureed) with some plain yogurt I think. I'll tell you how it goes when we get to that lol.

I was about to make a batch of avocado today but checked in the annabel Karmel book which said you should not freeze it :shrug:. Thanks for that info, I'll make it tomorrow :)

i froze it and so far it unfreezes fine, euan eats it and he is fine too

I was about to make a batch of avocado today but checked in the annabel Karmel book which said you should not freeze it :shrug:. Thanks for that info, I'll make it tomorrow :)

Yeah I just read my Karmel book that said not to freeze it. Dunno why, maybe it loses nutrients in the process or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->