avoiding induction

stephie_corin

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm looking at an induction in about a week and it is something I really want to avoid. I planned a drug free, natural labour. I have a doula and a very supportive doctor.

Do some women simply not go into labour or is it just a matter of time? How long would you go overdue to avoid an induction?

Steph xxx

I was 11 days over and my SIL 12 days over when we went into labour naturally. I think it is something you need to discuss with your doctor about what they are willing to do to support you going naturally(like monitoring etc). Hope baby decides to come sooner rather than later though!!

Everyone cooks babies at different rates- some people cook them for 38 weeks, some people cook for 42+ weeks.

Is your EDD by ultrasound or LMP? How different are these dates? Were your cycles regular or long?

Have you tried acupuncture or reflexology?

Everyone will eventually go into labour. Just sometimes baby isn't ready yet, even when your doctor is. Personally, the only time I'd ever be induced is if I had to be, as in placenta wasn't working well anymore or amniotic fluid was low. I'd happily be monitored after 42 weeks and wait for nature to take its course.

If you want to avoid an induction, definitely try scheduling an acupuncture or reflexology session. One of the girls in my yoga class just successfully induced when she was way overdue with reflexology. My doula also said she's used blue cohosh tincture in the past and it's never not worked. I really don't know much about it, and obviously you'd want to do some research into safety and side effects, but it's something to think about. I personally think I'd want to exhaust all my other options before being induced in hospital.

Thanks so much for the responses... My dates are by LMP and scans but my cycle was 31 days so my actual conception date is likely to be 2 or 3 days later.

I've been having regular reflexology and plan to continue... I just worry maybe I won't ever naturally go into labour!

I guess I'll just keep waiting :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->