Avon Reps out there need advice? :)

hawalkden

Reaction score
I did post this in the finance and work area; though someone on here does Avon too..

A few weeks ago because I wanted to do it once Peanut was here but due to a huge fall in money coming in looks like the idea needs to come sooner.

I feel though even though I'm only 6 weeks away from Peanut being here I'd have a small 'client base' I did want to take whatever company product I went with into mum and baby groups etc.

Also worrying at the moment if when Peanut arrives which is before Christmas I'll not get the orders out (if I get any) and then fall behind.

A little bit of history. I did it when I was in college and working part time at night in the local pub and where I lived with parents Avon wasn't as big. I didn't have a huge 'client base'. I was paying more back to Avon then I was getting commission at the end of the selling months. I also was paying a lot of 'hidden fees' I suppose e.g. the Avon Local Leader didn't tell me I had to pay for the brochures or the 'samples'. Also when I left I needed to pay £130 to opt out of it. Then I had a debt letter a few weeks later saying brochure payments were outstanding!

I don't want to sound negative about it all because well established Avon Reps do well and enjoy it also round my area I've not seen an Avon book been posted though my door since we've moved in only Betterware. There is a lot of well probably 80% of the area is pensioners then the rest are small family units so got a mixed bag of potential clients?

When would be the best time to start?

Avon Reps? How much was the start up fee?

I honestly wouldnt waste your time, you wont earn anything, it will only cause you stress having to do it, you would have to sell hundreds of make up to even earn anything which still wont be worth while, like you said charged for brochurs and bags etc, I did Avon for a few months. It's so not worth it! If a customer decided they didn't want the stuff after all or couldn't pay for it, i had to pay for it out of my own money! And when the boxes of stuff came to my house, they kept mucking up the order, and there'd be stuff missing or the wrong stuff, then i'd have to pay to sort that out as well! Two of my mates did Avon as well and they said they had the same experiance and that it's a waste of time. You hardly make anything anyway unless you've got tons of customers who order heaps of stuff.

Ive spent a yr building up my clients i make £100 comm every 3 weeks. I do it locally in evenings usually a wed night. It took 6 mths to crack it and make sure i wasnt being charged extras etc. Always check invoices against orders for mistakes. Email problems dont phone them as it saves on bills.
Ive got 2 kids and 3rd on way in beg of jan - ive got spd too! So im going to find it hard but ive got bf doing some leg work for me.
Get your bks out to friends & family for this xmas and aim to have your avon business running smoothly and profitably by next summer.
Dont bother with sales leadership.
Thats my advice. Good luck x

Oh - u can return anything even if uve used it. So if u cant get money from a customer then send stuff back. U can try a lipstick & if u dont like it send back for free with the courier who delivers the next order. U just put credits through & bill is adjusted so u dont have to pay at all.
Set up fee for me was around £14.
The more brochures u buy the cheaper they are & the more money can b made. I spend around £9 on books.
Dont bother with the deals on hello tomorrow & try not to buy too much yourself.
X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"