Awesome visit with Dr about natural hosp birth

grey_pony

Expecting a girl!
Reaction score
I went for a Dr appointment today and was very nervous to discuss my birth plan with the doctor, fearing she might laugh at me or make me feel stupid. I will be delivering at a military hospital and have heard both good and bad things about it. She said they do not regularly do episiotomies or use vacuum or forceps - only if absolutely necessary. She said none of the doctors there are "quick to cut." She encouraged me to make my birth plan as detailed as possible, and said that the doctors and nurses strive to be very respectful of the plan. Nobody should pressure me into an epidural, pitocin, or anything else without my consent. It was a GREAT confidence booster.

It was a great appointment, except for the part where we discussed how much weight I have gained in the last 4 weeks... ouch! As if I wasn't aware :blush:

Wow that's great news. It's so hard to fight against what seems the "norm" of a medical-led birth so to get a positive vibe must be a huge boost.

Great news! More and more US hospitals are trying better to accommodate women who want natural births, so its good to hear of these and hoping it continues to spread. BTW, where in the US are you?

Yay! Hospitals don't always have to be bad places to deliver your baby. I hope the culture continues to change, so that everyone gets to have the birth that they want. Please make sure your nurses and doctors look over your birth plan with you when you get admitted, and "fire" anyone who doesn't want to accomodate you...Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->