Awful night

FTB2017

Reaction score
Just had an awful night. Things had been so good for a while now. She was in the other room watching TV while I went to bed at 9. I asked her to wake me up when she came to bed with a kiss or something nice...she came to bed and just rolled over. I said, playfully, hey where's my nice...and that started it. It's like we lost all the good we had built up. At one point she basically said she was faking all the "love" she had showed towards me and that it'll never be what I want. It was a devastating night. I know she couldn't possibly be faking it...I mean it's been so good. She's done so many things for me that she really never did before and we really connected. I will say though...we spent Saturday at the hospital for her sciatica...and last night she was very nauseous...I definitely have that knack of forcing stuff or being "too much"...I'm not the best space giver. It's so hard though, for her to throw the dagger out there and make me feel like the last 3 months was nothing. I know in my heart it was positive...but in that moment man I was crushed.

And today she's hugged me twice, kissed me and said she loved me...I'm completely lost here.

To be honest, she sounds normal and hormonal to me (sorry), I think you might just have to put up with it (unless she becomes too horrible with it as you shouldn't accept unnecessary crap from her).

She should count herself lucky to have a man so set on making things work, especially as you have both screwed up in the past. Many men would just walk away.

I have to admit that I have been pretty difficult to deal with myself these past two months. I've been feeling so horrible that I have no energy left for my husband or any housework. Luckily he has been fantastic this whole time, and I make really sure to let him know how much I appreciate it on the days that I'm finally feeling better. But it's often hard for me to do any type of physical contact because of my nausea.

Hopefully she starts feeling better soon. Things have been slowly getting better for me now that I'm in the second trimester.

Awe man I'm sorry to hear that :( That's very hurtful. But yes, it could be just the hormones. They make women act batshit crazy!

Yeah I actually talked to her for like 5 minutes the other night when things were cool. I was a little all over her recently and it was kind of "unnatural" or too much. Last few days I've just tried to let good things happen rather than force em and it's been better. I think with the way she's feeling the crowding really was the worst thing. Even after the baby it's a good lesson to abide by.. even when things were 100% with us we didnt have that all over each other stuff going on.

If this is not typical behavior for her (as in, she wasn't like this before the pregnancy) it's probably best to forgive her. Her hormones are out of whack and potentially screwing with her emotions. This may last until well after pregnancy as her hormone levels may take a few months to normalize. In the meantime, try to respect the boundaries she puts up and don't take them to heart, and be ready to be supportive when she requires it. I know that's easier said than done, but do your best. :flower:

FTB2017 I hope you don't mind but I've been following your posts. All I can say is after everything you've been through you sound like an amazing person and partner. You need to stop making yourself out to be the bad guy all the time. Please remember it takes 2 to tango.

As you said previously you discovered an incident a few months ago and you sound like you blame yourself. She made that decision. The wrong decision.

I get she's pregnant and hormonal but it's no excuse. A lot if people would kill to have a partner who showers them in attention like you do.

You sound like a wonderful person and need to give yourself some credit and respect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->