Awful taste in mouth

MrsJones1986

Reaction score
So I've read that an early symptom of pregnancy can be a weird metallic taste in your mouth. I'm not sure if what I have is metallic but it is the most awful taste I've ever had and its constant. There seems to be no let up unless I am constantly eating. I've tried chewing gum, which works for a while but then once the strong mint taste wears off its back again. This isn't helping the nauseous feeling that I seem to have most of the day too. Anyways just wanted to have a moan and see if anyone else is experiencing this Horrid taste 😞

Not this time around but once before, it really is impossible to get rid of that taste so I know what you mean!

I was getting it really bad around 6 weeks now and again now.. taste like blood :( I kept checking my gums but I was not bleeding.

Yes, I know exactly what you mean! I still have it! I constantly am sucking on hard candies to get rid of the awful taste.

I had it last time, but not yet so far. I used to have to much saliva too, always had a wet mouth which made me feel sicker, pregnancy is so weird.

I've had it too, it's that rotty mouth feeling after eating too many carbs, I keep lemon water on hand and those thin super minty squares that you let dissolve on your tongue. Gum makes my stomach constantly think food is coming by increased stomach acid so I've always stayed away from gum. I don't need to be more hungry than I already am:grr:

I have it terribly. Its probably the most annoying symptom yet and I'm 10weeks. I found the sucking on a lemon works (if you can stand the sourness) also buy yourself a big bag of jolly ranchers and keep on in you mouth. Ive determined anything sweet makes it worse.

Lemon drops or other sour candy helps, also water with a lot of lemon or lime juice in it.

I've been getting this and realised certain foods make it worse. If I start the day with a cup of tea I get it all day! I keep polo mints in my desk, and have a couple a day. I find they also help with the nausea too x

I've definitely been having this, it is so disgusting. I have a sore throat too, went to the dr today and he says I have reflux already wtf! This gross taste in my mouth is the most uncomfortable thing for me so far.

Thanks for all of your replies ladies. This awful taste is still hanging around. It's is also by far my worst symptom too. Coupled with the fact that I now also have a cold everything just tastes disgusting. I'm sat chewing gum but it's not helping!

It's better for me now, I think it was worse because I had a cold. But I definitely sympathise with anyone going through this :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->