Azoopermia

R

rebeccabo

Hi all

My husband has recently been diagnosed with azoospermia. We have undergone looooong testing stages and have been told that there is nothing more the NHS can do. We have been told there is no funding. Not because we have existing children or for any reason but that our local commissioning group do not consider IVF an important enough issue.

Right now I welcome any support I can get. Any stories anyone has that may help me I am ready to hear.

I am documenting my story in a blog and am keen to use it to help others.
I am also looking to set up a local support group as, believe it or not, there is NOTHING.

I would welcome anybody reading my blog and am happy to share the URL. I would welcome any stories, good or not so good, all the same

thanks all
xxx

I'm so very sorry you have this diagnosis. How's your DH doing? Were you given the option of trying IVF with donor sperm? I know not everyone is ok with that. I hope you can find support from others on here or on your blog. The Assisted Conception board might be good.

(Your URL doesn't show up, I don't think you can post url's until you have a certain number of posts on bnb.)

Hi!
Thanks for your reply, sorry I've been away

DH is OK I think. We are very honest with each other. He was totally against the idea of using a donor at first (as was I). As our options have slowly run out we have come round to the idea.

We have been offered nothing for assisted conception, there is no funding. My DH has to have a retrieval op to see if they can retrieve any sperm for IVF with ICSI (very unlikely). If not our only other option is using donor sperm with IUI. We are looking at paying £3,000 even before treatment. This covers consultations, virology testing, retrieval, etc.

do you also have fertility issues? if not, maybe it would be worth it to use a donor at home to save money?? i'm sorry. this sounds so difficult. <3

No I have no issues with my fertility, I'm all good!

I wouldn't even know how to go about doing that. I worry about the possible repercussions; am I getting what I order? Have all the right checks been done? etc.

For all the pre-treatment it is £3,000. for 5 rounds of IUI with donor sperm it is £4,000. £7,500 in total is manageable to me. If they do find some of husband's sperm in retrieval it will probably be closer to £25,000 for 5 rounds. Obviously, we would prefer to try and do it this way but it's just so expensive.

My gut, which is very seldom wrong, tells me we will need to use a donor

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->