B complex delaying ovulation??

MrsBenz

Reaction score
I started taking a b complex vitamin this month and now my ovulation is delayed. I was supposed to ovulate yesterday (cd23) but there's no signs of O. I had eggwhite cm earlier this week but that is gone now. I've been using digital opk tests and they have been negative since cd 9. I'm scared I'm screwing up my cycle by taking this! I was just hoping to lengthen LP by a couple days because it was only 9-10 days. Please tell me about your experience with b complex!

Yes! This happened to me this cycle! I started taking EPO and a B complex for the first time. My cycles are like clockwork every month but this was our 5th month of TTC, so I thought I'd try something new. I have textbook 27-29 day cycles. I always get my +OPK on CD 10,11, or 12 and I always feel one-sided cramping when I ovulate.

I had the start of EWCM on CD8 as usual and started my OPKs on CD 9 like always. DH and I BD'd on CD 10,11,12. My OPK lines were practically non-existent all week- very faint. By the time I got to CD 12/13, I stopped the EPO, since I've heard it can delay O and it was clear that I was no where close to O.

I continued taking the B complex, however, until CD 16, when I read that this can also delay O, since it can suppress estrogen. After 48hrs of being off of the B complex, I started getting very mild, generalized cramping (similar to what I get a few days prior to O, as if the follicles are developing). This has continued intermittently (subtle, vague cramping) for the past 3 days or so, but no EWCM and definitely not my usual undeniable, one-sided O cramping. DH and I also BD'd on CD 15 and 19.

My OPKs have not been promising. A couple that I took on CD 18 were about 70% of the way there and I actually thought that they may turn positive the following day or maybe the day after that, but no such luck. I've been taking 2-3 tests per day, holding it for 4 hrs, nothing to drink, etc, so my urine has been quite concentrated. It's now 3 days later and they still haven't progressed and have even gotten a bit lighter. Maybe my body tried to ovulate a week late and was unsuccessful?

Still no EWCM, my boobs are actually starting to feel a bit sore, and my pants feel a little tight, so I think I'm starting my usual pre-AF bloat. The cramping seems to be a bit more noticeable today and similar to my normal luteal phase cramping as AF approaches. Going by my original dates, AF is due in about 6 days, but I honestly don't know whether I'll get my period at all, since everything is screwed up. :(

I think my body is completely confused. I don't know what to do. I'm scared to death because I've read numerous stories online of other women having similar experiences and having 40, 50, 60 day-long cycles because of this! I'm so upset at myself for messing with my cycle. Now I'm stuck in this period of limbo and I don't know how long to wait or if I should try to induce a period at this point. My body definitely needs to re-set itself and the wait is killing me. I'm so depressed that DH and I lost an entire month of TTC because of this and the next cycle (whenever it begins) may be affected as well. :(

I should mention that I was taking a B-complex 100 dose (1 tab daily) since the start of this cycle. I stopped it at CD16.

I only took the EPO for 4 days (CD 9, 10, 11, 12). 2,000mg daily x 3 days, and 1 day of 3,000mg.

:cry: I feel so sad right now and I'm hoping someone else might have experience with this.

My B-Complex inhibited ovulation.

I can only take the B complex in the second half of my cycle now. If I take it in the first half it seriously delays my cycle. I never ovulated later than cd17 and then when I started it suddenly it was like day 45. Next month back to normal once I stopped.

So I take it after I ovulate but not before.

Renaendel, thanks so much for chiming in. This is exactly what I'm afraid of.... having a super long cycle. I'm wondering how much damage I've done by taking it for 2 weeks. It's been out of my system for 6 days now and I don't even know whether I'm waiting for O or AF at this point. I'm debating trying to induce a period in about a week if AF doesn't show as usual.

I've been taking B-complex for a long time. I was charting to avoid pregnancy, so I've been tracking my cycles all along, just never really worried about when ovulation happened. The less often you ovulate when avoiding pregnancy, the better IMO! :haha:

I didn't really realize that ovulation was getting later and later until we switched to TTC in November. O was CD22 that cycle, CD25 in December. :growlmad: I read that B6 can delay ovulation somewhere, so I researched it a bit and it definitely can delay it! So when AF arrived this time, I went off the B-complex and will resume taking it after ovulation. :shrug: I'm only CD10 though, so I dunno yet if going off it has helped me ovulate earlier or not! Fingers crossed though:coffee:

OMG this is what is happening to me!! I could have written your post, PediNurseMom!! I decided that for our first month TTC I would take some supplements and do whatever it took to increase EWCM. I thought I would throw in some B complex in there too, starting around CD6-CD12. I'm not kidding, for over 20 years my cycle has been almost exactly 29 days long with ovulation almost always on CD14 (occasionally 15 or 16). Now, I don't know what the hell is happening. My EWCM (which is usually abundant) is now scant, an OPK on CD13 was almost (and I thought it was) positive but now almost non-existent. Temps show that I haven't O'd yet. After reading your posts, I am freaking out. We are inseminating tomorrow hopefully (which I thought would be too late as it's CD16) but now I'm wondering if it's too early and I'm wasting my time!!! I don't want to stuff the sperm donor around and keep umming and ahhing about O dates. Why did I have to go mess with things?! I wasn't sure until I read your post that it was the B complex since I started on a few supps, but it seems like it was. Also, the O cramping has been there since CD13 (the day I had a near pos OPK) but gone now. I really don't know what is going on.

Ladies, keep us updated with how your cycles turn out please. Next cycle I am only taking a prenatal and that is ALL. :( :( :(

Oh my gosh, SunflowerBub! I'm so sorry you're going through the same thing! I completely understand how you're feeling. I'm so mad at myself for messing with my perfect cycle. I have no idea what to do at this point or how long to wait (or what I'm even waiting for...O? AF?) I'm trying to trust in God that there's a special reason my cycle was changed in terms of the timing. I'll definitely keep you ladies posted. Until then, I'm feeling so sad and confused :(

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one this is happening too but I'm sorry for all of us :( I feel the same way, pedinursemom...I'm disappointed I wasted this month by messing with my cycle that didn't really need to be messed with! I'm just so impatient, I want to speed things along. I still haven't o'd (I'm on cd 24 of 35 day cycle) so I am very nervous about how this cycle is going to play out! I do notice ewcm today but I've been getting it randomly throughout my cycle so I'm not getting my hopes up :(. Next cycle I'm taking nothing but my prenatal!!

So sorry, MrsBenz :( That really stinks. I'm right there with you. I feel so foolish and wish I never took anything extra. I'm still feeling this mild cramping all over (including my back), off and on, which is similar to how I usually feel as my period approaches. AF is due on Friday or Sat, so I'm going to wait until the end of the week and see what happens. Best of luck to all of you!

Update girls...I just had a small amount of very faint spotting. It was essentially a tan-colored discharge (likely very diluted old/brown blood), so I think that given my cramps the past few days, AF might be trying to kick in early. We'll see what happens...

So after not taking B complex for 2 days I finally got a positive opk(3-4 days later than normal). Not sure if it is a coincidence i got it after I stopped taking it or not but I'm just happy I finally got a positive! Now I can't decide if I want to start taking it again after I O to try and lengthen my luteal phase...which was the whole reason I started taking it in the first place!

MrsBenz, do take it after ovulation, and then stop again if AF arrives! YAY for ovulation finally!

Mrsbenz that is what I am doing too. Waiting until O, then taking it again. My reproductive endocrinologist said there were no problems taking it after O. It is water soluble and you pee out any excess.

You should have a chat with your doc before you screw up too much is what I feel.

Well, I think I finally Od! Normally CD14 without fail, stopped taking B complex around CD11 or so and it delayed O by about 5 days, O date is CD19 probably (got three days of pos OPKs and O pains). So.... not all lost, but still frustrating not being able to predict and time BD, but the worst part is not knowing if I would O at all and dreading a long 40+ day cycle or something. I only took about 5 days worth, but screwed it up anyway. I also took EPO, so that might have some bearing too. GL to all of you ladies! :)

Yay for finally O'ing sunflowerbub!! But I totally understand your frustration. Are you going to start taking B complex again now that you O'd? I decided to start again the day after ovulation. We will see how it goes!

Grats Sunflower, we will be within a few days of each other!

I have been taking b6 complex too & my ovukation was also later by about 4/5 days this cycle. I usually have a 28/30 day cycle & get a positive opk from cd15-17 & this cycle they were so light till cd18 & got a positive on cd20! I'm stopping them too

So I went off the B-complex this month in hopes that it was the reason for my late ovulation every cycle. Well, I'm CD21 today and there is not a sign of O in sight, so I can say that going off it hasn't made any difference!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->