B6 vitamin

Just out of interest, do you have any recommendations of how to wean off the vitex? I'm currently taking vitex tincture and have also read a lot saying it's better to stay on it during the first tri, but i'm unsure of how to wean off it (if i ever do get pg...)

So from the natural fertility info website I found this:

Stopping Vitex cold turkey in the first trimester of pregnancy may affect hormone levels, or it may not, it depends on many different factors individual to each woman. It is best to wean yourself off of vitex over time, 1-2 weeks if you find out you are pregnant. You would first contact your doctor/midwife/naturopathic physician and request to get your hormone levels tested. They will help to determine if you may have low progesterone or may need to switch over to natural progesterone cream instead of Vitex. A practitioner can help to guide you through this transition.

I have yet to have to wean myself off but what I think I'm going to do is this:
(keeping in mind my regular dose is 2 pills and my pills are filled with liquid so I cannot just cut pills in half. if you are using tincture think in terms of 2 pills = your normal amount of drops, 1 pill = half drops)

week1: Take 2 pills Sun,M,W,F, take 1 pill T,R, Sat.
week2: Take 1 pill every day
week3: Take 1 pill Sun,M,W,F.
week4: Repeat previous week.
Week5: nothing

*I will make sure to see a doctor though and have hormones checked before doing this, and look at possibly getting progesterone supplements if I need to.

**If I can find a way to use 1/2 pill (such as opening the capsule and pouring out half hte liquid?) I would actually prefer to do
week4: 1 pill Sun,M,W,F. 1/2 pill T, R, Sat.
week5: 1/2 pill daily
week6: done

So, I'm going back and forth about the vitamine b6.

My egg is still on its way (yay, see picture :) )

Is it a good idea to get back on my vitamin b6 after my ovulation? I'd take it together with my prenatals, fishoil and wheat germ oil (I'm taking evening primrose oil until O'day and will switch to wheat germ oil after). There's already 10mg of b6 in my prenatals, together with other vitamin b's, so I won't be getting a vitamin b complex. Also, I think I'll be cutting my vitamin b6 vitamins in half, because I think 100mg on top of the 10mg already in my prenatals is just too much.

Can you still follow me? :p Haha. Does this sound like an OK plan? Any tips ^^?

Attachments

• eisprongkomteraan.jpg
    eisprongkomteraan.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back