Babies and strawberries?

Bernie

Reaction score
Just a quick question my Little girl is very prone to getting constipated and she is on fruit puree at the mo and she is 7 months old.She has been perscribed a gentle laxtive now just stopped that as she was poohing a lot better now she is going the ohter way again.She is onle having lunch at lunch time now i want to give her dinner as she is now 7 months old.Was wondering if she is allowed strawberries mixed in with apple puree or another type of fruit?

Strawberries are one of the foods that it is "recommended" to wait until after a year old because it is highly allergenic, but Hannah's had them since she was 7-8 months old with no problems.

If you are looking for foods that have a laxative affect prunes, peas, peaches, and pears are all good.

I was told 6 months for strawberries. Byron has them twice a day, he'll eat anything if I put strawberries in it!

Ooops I hadn't seen anywhere in the weaning stuff I've read about having to wait until they're a year old. I gave Alex strawberries a few times pureed and mixed in with apple or banana puree - he's always been fine. But if I'd known they could be highly allergenic I would probably have waited just ot be on the safe side - besides strawberries stain everything!

Seren has Strawberry and Apple purees now and shes just gone 7months, the HV seemed to think it was fine but :shrug:
Seren loves them!

I agree 1 yr...they are high for allergies

Grace has had strawberries from 9 months old and she has been fine with them. But if you feel you should, maybe wait till 1 year

Well she had 1 strawberry blended down with an apple and a pear mixed with some prune jucie so hopefully will get her poohs soft again.She keeps getting constipated for some reason and she hasnt had any bananas for ages now.Does anyone know if this all settles down as time goes on with the constipation? Coz i stopped her laxative about 3 days ago now ive had to start it up again coz she seemed to be going the other way again.

as she gets onto more solids and used to the foods it will help. Apples can be a constipating food as well.

I was not aware of that either Vicky and I gave my son strawberries before he turned 1 :-( But thanks for the wise words!

Oh right i didnt know apples can constipate them aswell:dohh:She loves her solids and i sometimes wonder if i give her to much as i feed her what she wants as she does let me know when she has had enough and she also has water with her meals even though she is BF aswell.

To clarify my previous post, the weaning expert HV told me 6 months only a month ago and she is pretty up on the recent guidance. In the UK anyway. If your baby has already been having them with no reaction then it's unlikely they will have one.

I don't understand why the Annabell Karmel recipes have them in the 6-9mnth recipe section if they aren't allowed them? Strange.

I bet it's a difference between health care systems in two different areas. North America generally says 1 year. They have it on the Wait Till After 12 Months list in my health region, too. I'm sure you're fine.

Tom's had strawberries since he was 7 months and he's been fine with them, but every baby is different :)

Fred has had strawberries, just gave him 1, left it a few days to see if he was ok with them and he was, he loves them xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->