Babies belly button help

bexxie

Reaction score
May think I am freaky for being so daft and second babe an all but need some advice

Melies belly button looks "wet" and is crusty with green and horrid,so every nappy change i clean with boiled water or a johnsons wipe and dry off. it is still horrible so what do i do? someone said cornflour wtf? can someone give some advice

Cheers bec

Warm water and cotton wool ...

And the HV would be a good idea .... hate to ask but does it smell???

xxx

Well when I put my nose to it there is no smell but I smelt my finger and it smelt very slightly fishy (gross) Ia m very clean too god I sound a minger but I'm not.

I am doing the warm water and would say i only used a wipe once when out

Bex

well for starters hun dont use a wipe on it, tht will only make it worse, keep going with the cooled boiled water and cotton wool, if its still like tht on sat ring docs for advice(nhs 24) i was lucky with my 2 as i *ahem* helped myself to the sterile swabs teh midwifes use to clean babies bellies with :hugs:

oh ps, keep it as dry as poss wen uve washed it, dab it dry with cotton pads

If it smells that can be gangreen (sorry) or possible infection ...

Keep it dry and contact someone asap ... Maternity unit if you need to they will send someone out or get you to bring her in

xxx

A. While it's OK for a little bit of dried blood or discharge to appear either while waiting for the stump to fall off or even after it has fallen off, what you have described is a significant yellowish discharge and that can definitely be a sign of infection. You should call your pediatrician or other health care provider to rule this out.

Before calling, make sure you take some notes about your baby's general health and observe your baby for the symptoms listed below which can also indicate infection:
  • redness and swelling around the navel
  • fever
  • any sign that the area is bringing pain to your baby, for example, during diaper changes or if you press lightly around the navel
  • a foul smell in the area

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->