Babies first word?

BurtonBaby

Reaction score
Erica has been cooing for a long time now, and we have been cooing back and forth for a while as well. Lately tho she has been babbling mama but I figured since she didn't know what she was saying, I wouldn't count it as her first word. But a few days ago DH and I went to pick her up from MILs house, and DH picked her up first. She started crying and reaching for me and said "Mama!" So I got a little excited, but didn't want to get too excited. Then tonight she was in her jumperoo while I made her some cereal. When I walked out of the room into the kitchen she started whining, but I continue on making the cereal. She yells "Mama!!" really loud, so I walk back in the room and she gets a huge smile on her face and reaches her arms up for me to pick her up. Can I officially call this her first word, or is it still iffy?

When did your child say their first word? What was it? How were you able to distinguish the first words from their babbling? Thanks!! :cloud9::cloud9:

Definatly sounds like her first word!
Yay! Go Erica :D

Max said his first word when he turned 3 months ..DH was playing with him while i cooked and I happend to walk in the living room and baby turned and smiled at me and yelled "mama" I was so happy and cried and DH pouted lol haah I won this bet yay!!

Although I was told they have no clue what there saying ? Weird cause i think max knew exactly what he was saying and still does now when he cries

Thanks! I was told too that they have no idea what they are saying... so I wasn't counting it.... but she only says it to me, or like when she wants me. :shrug: I guess I'll put it in pencil in her baby book lol. My heart melted when she said it tho!!

Josh said his first word a couple of weeks ago. He said : attends (wait) in french to my dog when she was whining to be picked up. I always say to her attends(wait) Paris when she wants to be picked up because I'm always busy!

It was the cutest thing. He repeated it twice since.

Thats so cute!! I had no idea that children started talking this early!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->