Babies in infant carriers

Samemka

Mummy of 2 girlies
Reaction score
How long are you allowed to leave a baby in a car seat for?

Emma sleeps best in her car seat - probably because she's fast asleep from the car journey, lol, but whenever I take her out of it she wakes right up!

I know you're not meant to leave newborns in for very long but what age is a baby classed as a newborn til?

i think they say not to leave them in for longer than 2 hours because of their developing spine and its better for them to be layed straight than hunched up, not sure if thats any help

Plz do not leave your baby in the car seat for longer then 2 hrs ....if u travel for longer have a break and get the baby out

i was told 2 hours by health visitor. thats why i never bought the adaptor to fit carseat to pram as its not that long really when you are out and about

I thought it was 3 too. Not that ibhave a car though...

Oh and babies are classed as a newborn up to 3 months

Maxi-Cosi say:

There are many misconceptions regarding this.This is generally said and written out of concern for babies and in short it comes down to the fact that a baby car seat such as e.g. a Maxi-Cosi Citi or Maxi-Cosi Cabrio(Fix) should not be used excessively.Children should not lie in a fixed position for too long unnecessarily.They should have the opportunity to develop their motor skills and their arm, back and neck muscles.As the manufacturer of the main car seat for babies in Europe, the Maxi-Cosi, we have been writing this for many years in our user instructions.Do not put a baby in a car seat for the whole day for convenience, but give him/her the opportunity to develop.This also applies to baby carriers and all other products in which a baby sits, hangs or lies in a fixed position.However, if you have to make a longer car journey or travel on holiday once in a while, this is no problem at all.We recommend that you stop every 2 hours.After all, a baby has to eat and be changed regularly anyway.

I wouldn't leave LO in his seat for any more than two hours, apart from our ocasiopnal trip home which might take 3 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->