Babies room!!

winterbabies3

Wife, Mother & Expecting
Reaction score
Trying to get some conversation started. I remember when there was 2 pages of unread stuff on here!

Whats everyone doing their nursery in? We are a big family so i have to take our playroom/sunroom and make that our nursery. We live in the woods and see a lot of wildlife, so that will be our theme. Need to do some painting and reorganizing with toys, i found some wall decalls and a tree bookshelf i want to do, so that will take time. The only problem we r running into is, our 2 yr old daughter will be sharing the nursery with our newborn son, so doing boyish and girly things with the room are becoming a challenge. Specially bedding!!

The boys will be sharing a room too once Bennett gets a little older/whenever he doesn't want to be in our room any longer, so Bennett won't really have a choice in decoration. Alex is going to be 2 in a month and we're going to be redecorating his room with decals soon. It'll be easier for us though because they are the same gender, so no issues with bedding or decoration.

You could do a half and half type deal, maybe? Let your daughter decorate her half and do your son's half like a nursery?

The boys will be sharing a room too once Bennett gets a little older/whenever he doesn't want to be in our room any longer, so Bennett won't really have a choice in decoration. Alex is going to be 2 in a month and we're going to be redecorating his room with decals soon. It'll be easier for us though because they are the same gender, so no issues with bedding or decoration.

You could do a half and half type deal, maybe? Let your daughter decorate her half and do your son's half like a nursery?

I've thought about doing half and half, but idk if i can if i xan let my anal self do so hahahaha

I'm doing a woodland theme too for my babys nursery theme. Before ive always done nautical so everything blue but I'm so bored of that now. We've just had the room newly renovated and ive kept it really neutral colours this time. X

We are doing dinosaurs. But hobby lobby has boy and girl woodland themes. They kind of match each other. My oldest sons room is woodland/camping

We aren't finding out the gender so trying to stick to a gender neutral theme. I've decided on elephants, mostly gray and white. The walls are currently light blue, and I'm debating painting or just keeping them and if it's a girl add in some feminine touches.

We have a 3 bedroom house so no Nursery for us this time! Actually quite sad about that but nevermind. Hopeful for a boy so he can share with my son. Plan is to convert our loft and make it into a bedroom for my eldest in a few years!

Love the ideas! The last nursery was gray and everything went with it! Got the painting done last night, now to find curtains for the huge windows

My kids room is gray and boy/girl stuff mixed on each wall. I really like it. It's just the"kids " room

I'm thinking of a pale yellow on the walls and maybe an animal theme, not sure yet. My son didn't have his own room till he was 2 so I'm going all out this time:haha:

Were going for grey and pink this time with a wall sticker of a pink blossom tree swaying around the room currently moving to a 4 bedroom so there will be enough room so she can have her own room but will let them all decide where they want to sleep xx

I'm know what you mean about the forum, it's no where near as active as I recall it being during my previous pregnancies!

We are going to find out the sex this time which we've never done before, so haven't had a proper look at a nursery yet. Our spare room is currently a blank canvas anyway so should be easy enough to do whenever we decide xx

I'm feeling really sad this time round, we have a 3 bed house, my 11yr old and 3 yr old have their own rooms, this baby will just have a wall/corner in my room until its old enough to share with the 3yr old! Thinking about doing the whole room grey and white and adding in some harry potter details like wall decal quotes over the babies cot etc

Were going for grey and pink this time with a wall sticker of a pink blossom tree swaying around the room currently moving to a 4 bedroom so there will be enough room so she can have her own room but will let them all decide where they want to sleep xx

Congrats on your girl!!!! How exciting!!! I went crazy with pinks and purples when i found out id finally have a girl!

I'm feeling really sad this time round, we have a 3 bed house, my 11yr old and 3 yr old have their own rooms, this baby will just have a wall/corner in my room until its old enough to share with the 3yr old! Thinking about doing the whole room grey and white and adding in some harry potter details like wall decal quotes over the babies cot etc

In our old house we didnt have a room for my daughter, so i took our unfinished walk-in closet and made it her room!! My 2 year old and newborn will be sharing a room as well.

Looking for some baby room advice. We currently have a twin size bed in the room that'll be the nursery. Got it for free when we moved in from my aunt and uncle. We'll have room for the crib, a dresser that'll double as changing table and then either keep the bed in their for me of DH to use as an alternate bed if needed with the baby or a rocking chair.

I've heard people like to have a bed in the baby's room. Plan is that baby will be in our room for the first few months, and even then it is right across a small hallway, so close I've even considered a remodeled and making that part of the master bedroom, so it's super close of we are in our room and baby in theirs.

I'm just trying to decide if having a rocking chair or the bed will be more convenient in the nursery. If rocking chair isn't in the nursery it'll be in the living room and we already have a rocking recliner downstairs in our family room.

Any experience or opinions?

Looking for some baby room advice. We currently have a twin size bed in the room that'll be the nursery. Got it for free when we moved in from my aunt and uncle. We'll have room for the crib, a dresser that'll double as changing table and then either keep the bed in their for me of DH to use as an alternate bed if needed with the baby or a rocking chair.

I've heard people like to have a bed in the baby's room. Plan is that baby will be in our room for the first few months, and even then it is right across a small hallway, so close I've even considered a remodeled and making that part of the master bedroom, so it's super close of we are in our room and baby in theirs.

I'm just trying to decide if having a rocking chair or the bed will be more convenient in the nursery. If rocking chair isn't in the nursery it'll be in the living room and we already have a rocking recliner downstairs in our family room.

Any experience or opinions?

I have had both my first couple kids I had twin bed in there and I did use it but not until they were around 9months I would sneak to thebed quietly then army crawl outthe fo door bahahaha I know ridiculous right? Haha but anyway after that I only had room for rocking chair well a glider with ottoman and I diduse it every night once they werein their own room to rock them to sleep but then I'd lay on the floor and army crawl out gosh this all sounds funny saying it out loud omg which was more affective?? The rocking chair I guess but if I could have both I would! Don't know if any of that helps lol

Thanks Katie! I'm still hoping we can squeeze it all in once we get a crib set up, but think it'll be tight. It does seem easier to rock and place them in bed right away rather than walking down the hall from the living room to nursery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->