Babies, Toddlers and Tiaras

I think the girls are so cute dressed up and most of them have a lot of fun, but I personally wouldn't do it because it seems like that money could be put to much better use.

I LOVE this show but sometimes feel really sorry for the girls! Ill never forget the little girl who dressed up as a prostitute for a costume, stuff like that is WAYYY OTT!

I think the girls are so cute dressed up and most of them have a lot of fun, but I personally wouldn't do it because it seems like that money could be put to much better use.

I LOVE this show but sometimes feel really sorry for the girls! Ill never forget the little girl who dressed up as a prostitute for a costume, stuff like that is WAYYY OTT!
A prostitute?!?!? Makes me hate that show even more... Poor baby :cry:

Is it just me or does anyone else seriously question the motives of the grown men "judging" these competitions ? Not saying every guy that does it is a perv, but I can't help but wonder (and worry)....

Does this mean I need to return the wig I bought for Avery's pageant this weekend? :p

I watch the show, but I would never do that to my child. Those women are crazy. Mine also would scream her head off if I tried to dress her up like that and put makeup on her. How often do you put makeup on a toddler to get them desensitized to the experience?

Not a chance! I've Only seen a few bits of the show and it makes me really angry when I do. Those poor toddlers clearly don't want to be there.

I don't think il let Jessica wear make up til high school, I don't even like seeing little girls with eye shadow on! I don't wear much make up myself (and not because i dont need it :haha: and despise fake tan, I hope she is the same xx

A prostitute?!?!? Makes me hate that show even more... Poor baby :cry:

She dressed up as Julia Roberts in Pretty Women. Julia Roberts character was a hooker. I love that movie but this was just disgusting. The sad thing is she WON :dohh:

https://insidetv.ew.com/2011/09/07/ptc-slams-toddlers-tiaras-for-pretty-woman-costume/

I'd find it hilarious if my LO's wanted to prance around in Tiaras and Tutus but then again I'm not sure society is ready for that!!!

Omg - I've honestly never heard of these things - shocking! What are flippers? And is it a world wide thing? I watched a british tv program about mothers going OTT on beauty treatments for their tiny kiddies and was shocked by that. So I don't think I'll watch the show. And energy drinks in toddlers?? Isn't that dangerous???

Flippers (I had to look it up) are false teeth!

https://dentalflipper.dentalbuzz.org/dental-flipper-pageant/36/

Yuck!

Flippers (I had to look it up) are false teeth!

https://dentalflipper.dentalbuzz.org/dental-flipper-pageant/36/

Yuck!

Omg- mum has piccies of me without teeth as my baby ones fell out - its really cute! These flippers are not needed

That picture makes me sad to be honest. Kids aren't play up dolls, yeah it's nice to put them in nice clothes but that's going too far :wacko:

OMG cannot believe those horrible flipper things are! Revolting, disgusting and completely inappropriate. We all strive for our children to be the best they can be, but surely we should be doing this with their natural attributes and not this fakeness, that not being awful and certainly not being cruel to the children involved but ugliness that its showing. Children have a beautiful innocence about them, and it shines through and gives them that gorgeousness they all naturally have, the fake tan/teeth and lashes cover this for me :( Feel so bad for those young little girls.

Never.. this show makes me SICK. Its not your friendly little dress up show. Its OTT & competitive. These little girls are pushed too hard and leave crying and feeling horrible about themselves if they don't win. And they have horrible attitudes in life. I have only watched it a few times, but most of these kids are miserable.

In one show the mom dragged the little girl on stage who didn't want to go.. and then said she was embarrassed that she threw herself on the ground and just froze up on stage..uhm what did you expect? Then she was bribing her with packs of gum and candy!

And don't get me started on the "go-go juice" mom who wants her daughter to "holler for a dollar". She should be in freakin' jail. She tried feeding her daughter 15 bags of pixi stix and said it didn't make her hyper enough so started giving her a mix of Redbull and Mountain dew.. Then the little girl is told to "shake her stuff" on stage wearing belly shirts short shorts and tons of make up! TOTALLY DISGUSTING.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABzMAuI1vj0

Nooo way, not to that extent anyway.

I would consider one if my child asked me - but nothing like those. I would want one far more based on talent and asking them questions about the world so for a day they feel more grown up and listened to - perhaps with a round of them wearing their favorite clothes or a costume of their favourite book character - so rather that round being focused on looks it's on their own creativity with clothes. Totally innocent and explores their likes and interests with other people their own age (although the competitive element still upsets me somewhat at that age so everyone should at least get a small prize).

The fact that it's based on looks so heavily is awful. The fact that these parents feel that they have to enhance their looks with so much fakery and flashing of flesh is devastating. Seriously, HOW can you judge a child like that? It's fucked up on so many levels and they try to make it seem that it's a well rounded competition with talent rounds but seriously, it's so transparent. They're an absolute abomination really.

I completely agree with RedRose - I sincerely hope my children focus on their intelligence and natural talents rather than their looks.

Let kids be kids. Not mini adults!

YUK

That girl is gonna look back one day and watch that and be so ashamed!

I think the whole family aint normal not just the mother!

xxxx

I've never watched that show (just know it would make me angry!) but I've seen things about the child pageant scene before. I'd be uncomfortable with my girl even doing something like this as a teenager, never mind a toddler. Those beauty pageants are ridiculously competetive. Plus I wouldn't want her to be in a situation where she was focused so much on her looks. There's nothing wrong with wanting to look good, but that kind of obsession is unhealthy, and for a girl who's not even a teenager yet it's really bad.

Although these child pageants have an added air of creepiness about them, TBH over-competetive parents are everywhere. Sports, music, ballet, you name it, there's probably a parent out there pushing their child to do something they don't want to do for their own satisfaction. I really hope that as LO gets older I can encourage her to do well in things she enjoys without becoming a stage mum about it!

it just stinks of being tacky and showy. Half the kids will grow up thinking thats normal, no wonder 10 year olds plaster themselves in make up to go to school :sick:

Nasty, a peadophiles dream!

What happened to kids being kids, i dont want my wee boy to ever grow up tbh :haha: There are so many other activities you could put your child into which would be so much better for them long term

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->