babies with good sleeping patterns ?

coz

Mummy to 2 boys
Reaction score
charlie goes to sleep at about 11pm which is great and he will have 4 hours straight sleep but its after that i have trouble after his 4 hours feed and change he might only have another hour or two so sometimes i just get out of bed at 6am as i know hel be up for a couple of hours but then hel drop off for 2 hours at 8ish allthough he allways seems it bad pain with his wind early morning(i do give him infacol) :hissy:

To you with babies that sleep well at night do your babies sleep much in the day ? as my baby doesnt sleep great at night but he will allways have the odd 30 mins or hour here and there throughout the day ???

My daughter is 8 weeks and she sleeps well in the night (goes to bed usually around 9:30, wakes up for a "snack" around 11 then back to sleep until about 5:30 then next morning) and she also has 3 two-four hour naps during the day. A lot of people are surprised that she sleeps so much, but she is a happy baby and I think it is great how well she sleeps!! All babies are different though and of course there are the nights that are too hot where she gets very fussy, so I just run a cool bath to cool her off and then dry her off and put a blanket around her as I feed her, and this usually puts her to sleep very quickly!!

Ella goes to sleep at 9:30 - 10:00pm and sleeps till 7:00:8:00am. Then has 2 - 3 naps in the day lasting 2-4 hours. she is 12 weeks ;)

Sam sleeps all night (11pm - 8am) but he's awake all day. He'll sleep in the evening for an hour or two from 9ish but that's it. He used to have a few naps during the day until he was about 3 months but never for very long! x

since she was about 3 months old Rhiannon's sleep has been..
7-8pm = bed
6-8am = wake
9-10am= 30 min nap
2-4pm = 30min-2hr nap
she does get the odd day where she doesnt nap though, but she got herself into this routine, i just followed her x

Dec has had his own little routine since he was about 2 1/2 months
Bed 7.30pm
up between 6.30 and 7am
nap 11am for about 20mins
nap 3pm for about 20mins
He has always been a good sleeper at night but not much sleep durning the day, some days he would go the whole day without a nap and then the odd day he would have an extra one at about 5pm if he is having an off day.

Hi,
If Charlie is still under 3 months, he should be on a two and a half or a three hour pattern during the day. Eat, Activity (which should be minimal at this stage), Sleep.
And on a three hour routine by 3 months and 4 hour routine around 4 months with bath, dinner and bed somewhere by 7 or 8 pm.
My baby is now 5 months and has been on this since about 7 or 8 weeks and is doing really well on it. Sleeping from about 8pm - 7pm.
Shout if you need any help.
Mx

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080628171633AAABbtv

A good book to invest in.

My daughter is 8 weeks and she sleeps well in the night (goes to bed usually around 9:30, wakes up for a "snack" around 11 then back to sleep until about 5:30 then next morning) and she also has 3 two-four hour naps during the day. A lot of people are surprised that she sleeps so much, but she is a happy baby and I think it is great how well she sleeps!! All babies are different though and of course there are the nights that are too hot where she gets very fussy, so I just run a cool bath to cool her off and then dry her off and put a blanket around her as I feed her, and this usually puts her to sleep very quickly!!

wow thats really good, i thought if they slept well through night they wouldnt sleep much in the day xx

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080628171633AAABbtv

A good book to invest in.

thanks hun, im going to have a look for it , i cant wait for him to get into a routine im a very routine person aswell so would of thought he wouldnt be so bad by now xxx

Noah goes to sleep about 6:30-7:30pm sleeps to 6:30-7am then he has about an hour nap at 8 or 9 am, then he goes down for his "long" nap anywhere between 10-12 and will sleep atleast 3 hours.

Seths bedtime is uaully about 10, he wakes up for feeds at 12, 3 and 6. At 6 he stays awake for about an hour and then falls asleep for another hour. He's usually awake til about 1ish and sleeps for a couple of yours then is awake until bedtime :)

xxx

Yeah - they love the routine thing! So much so that if I wake up and feed Ryan at 7.00 instead of daddy he isn't happy. And if daddy puts him to bed at night, he isn't happy. Doesn't like the routine being disturbed - but is a very happy smiley bunny (touch wood) as long as we stick with his little routine.

Maybe try to not change Charlie when he wakes at about three (unless he poops), just give him his feed and put him back to bed. Once we started to not change Connor at night he slept better because changing him just woke him up more. Also playing white noise and swaddling helped him finally sleep through the night.

Sleeps 10-4, 4-8, 8-10.
Naps about three times a day from 30 minutes to 2 hours.

Maybe try to not change Charlie when he wakes at about three (unless he poops), just give him his feed and put him back to bed. Once we started to not change Connor at night he slept better because changing him just woke him up more. Also playing white noise and swaddling helped him finally sleep through the night.

Sleeps 10-4, 4-8, 8-10.
Naps about three times a day from 30 minutes to 2 hours.

hiya yeah the last week some nights ive decided not to change him cos usually he hasnt had a poo in the middle of the night and like you say it will prob just wake him up more last night he slept 5 hours straight but then he took an hour to go back to sleep(but i think he was in pain with wind again) and then only had an hour and half ands hes still wide awake now its just the last part of night i hate hopefully he will get better soon xx

Colton's is usually
10pm - bed
6.30/7.30 - wake
8.30/9 - 30 to 45min nap
12-1 (sometimes as late as 2) - 2/3 hour nap
5/6 - 30min to 1hour nap

yesterday though, he went to a birthday party. Slept as soon as he got him (6pm), woke for a bottle at 10.30pm; then slept until 6 this morning. I think he was worn out :rofl:

:crib: Noah has always been a great sleeper. We were very lucky. For the first month he got up once a night for a feeding. At 1 month old, he slept through the night and has ever since. He started off with 2 naps a day, 1 in the morning and 1 in the late afternoon. Then he went to one nap in the am. Then one nap in the pm. At the age of 2yrs and 2 months, we went on 1 of our 2 yearly vacations. The whole family was there...cousins and all. He was so excited he did not nap once. I think he was afraid he would be missing something. Well he has not taken a nap since and he is 3 now. He goes to bed at about 9 pm and sleeps until about 8 am. No problems.:sleep:

:cloud9: Lady Sicily

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->