Baby Aidan Born 1/8/09 x

XSAM

pregnant
Reaction score
Well thought id get round to writing up my birth story.
as a few ppl have said there isnt many positive induction stories so i thought i'd share mine since it was a good labour :D and to any ppl that may be getting an induction they arent as bad as it sounds.

well i went in to get induced on thur 30th July.
got the first tablet at about 2 pm. Just gave me some mild cramps for a few hrs.
On the Friday morning (31st July)got another tablet inserted. again this just gave me some more cramp pains just a bit stronger.
Doctor came bk about 6pm to examine me again. and i could say this was worse than the labour.I thought the doctors hand was going to come out my throat she was that rough :growlmad:anyway got told i was now 3cm and didnt need anymore tablets as they could take me down n break my waters as soon as a bed was available which would probably be the nxt day they said.

About midnight that night (sat 1st Aug) was just trying to get to sleep when i started getting really bad pains.
so got up to find a midwife as i didnt have a clue what was happening to me:wacko:
walking along the corridor and just felt really wet and water was running down my legs. wasnt sure if it was my waters or what. ijust thought i had peed myself or something but the midwife ignored me anyway and gave me some pads and a few pain killers and told me to go bk to bed.
i just went n sat on the toilet as it helped the pain a bit. but the water just kept coming then when i wiped myself the show came away from me.
so i went and got the midwife again and told her i needed something as the pain was unbearable, she came bk and checkd me and said i was 5cm and i could go to the delivery now.so a long 50 mins later they came bk and got me.
was in delivery for about 1am and the pains were really strong now.tryed on the gas and air and just wasnt doing much so asked for something else.
Got the pethidine and that was gd :) just made me relaxed and took away a bit of the pain. gas and air was making me sick all night but was told to keep taking it anyway :)
dont really remember much of the nxt few hrs but about 5am asked for more of the pethidine as it was waring off.
shortly after that i got put on the drip to help the contractions speed up a little as they had slowed down and baby was getting sleepy.
shortly after that i just had the urge to push when the contractions were coming. i just kept shouting i think im doing the toilet i dont know :blush: but the midwife said no its your baby coming. lol.
then the nxt thing i can just remember her saying i was fully dilated so i could push all i want.
think i was pushing for just over an hour and baby Aidan was born at 0824:happydance: didnt feel much pain pushing either just a little burning.
and once it was over the mw said i bet you wont do that again, but i said obvcourse it wasnt that bad:).. all that worrying for months for nothing as it isnt anywere as bad as ppl makeout so dont listen to them :D

had to have an epitisomy (dnt knw how its spelt):blush: aswell.
but once that was done, 1 more push and he was out :).
was only in active labour for just over 8 hours.

this is baby Aidan
he weighed 8lb 9oz :kiss:

https://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss122/xsfx2009/th_DSC02380.jpg
https://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss122/xsfx2009/th_aidan2001.jpg
https://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss122/xsfx2009/th_DSCN0656.jpg

awww congrats..i also had a good labour after my induction, very similar too your had 2 tablets, the internals were the worst thing and had an episiotomy. but all in all i found it ok :)

aww just want to say congratulations. he is soooooo cute

aww congratulations, he's gorgeous :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"