Baby always in frank breach position?

icegurl470

Reaction score
This is my 3rd pregnancy 25 weeks and I have a new Dr basically I live in a small town and there's only one Dr to chose from. Anyway hes totally different from my last dr Im low risk but he does an ultrasound at every apt and Ive had 4 hospitals u/s so far. 9, 12, 20 and 22 weeks. The last one I had was because I hadn't gained any weight but Ive gained 5lbs since then and honestly that's the way it was with my other pregnancies (I gain in all in the 2nd half) anyway baby is always in the frank breach position feet up by his head folded in half. At my last check up (25 weeks) he was frank breach again during the in office u/s and I told my Dr he was frank breach during my last two u/s and he said my placenta was in a weird spot and that could be why. He described it like a soda bottle my placenta isn't covering the opening (cervix) and it doesn't look like it will but it wraps around the neck where the bottle starts to narrow slightly altering the shape of my uterus. Generally your uterus is shaped to encourage baby to go head down as they get bigger and mine isn't shaped like that because of my placenta he might have trouble going head down he said they will also have to check the location of the cord when my due date gets closer to asses risk of cord prolapse? Im only 25 weeks and Hes already stressing me out with breach talk and cord prolapse. My first 2 were totally natural unmediated deliveries and I wanted the same for my 3rd. Thoughts?

Of course google also has me worried about hip displasia now too ��

I wouldn't worry yet. You could try drinking extra water with some electrolytes which may increase the fluid and give him more room. But 25 weeks is really early to even worry about that! My girls were both breach until about 32 or so weeks! Babies get folded weird in there, they are flexible!

Eta: I think your Dr is just being careful and cautious!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->