Baby Amelia born at 26+3

sherryberry79

Mummy to Amelia
Reaction score
Hello girls,

I don't post terribly often on these boards but I do lurk, just wanted to update you about the whirlwind few weeks we have had.

I had noticed that I had not been feeling baby move as much. At first I thought it was because I had been very busy and had just not been so aware of it, or maybe she had changed position in my tummy, but it kept niggling at me. On Monday Aug 3rd my partner and I went to the hospital hoping to be given re-assurance that all was fine, but they did my blood pressure and it was 225 over 150, I was taken pretty much immediately to treage where they put all sorts of lines and drips into me and shortly after that I found myself having an emergency C-Section. The doctors told us that although the baby was extremely premature they had to get her out of my body. I had developed very severe pre-eclampsia and they had to get the placenta out otherwise I might die. I was already in danger of having a massive stroke due to the blood pressure.

Amelia (Millie) was born at 17:54 on Monday 3rd August, weighing 620 grams (about 1lb 5 ounces) she was transferred to St Mary's Hospital in Manchester at around midnight that night. I remained in Stepping Hill hospital for six days until I was well enough to be transferred to St Mary's. It was terrible not being able to see her and at times I was very low, but my partner was wonderful.

Millie is doing pretty well, she is tiny but perfectly formed. She is recovering from her first infection, we had been told she will get many infections etc and to be prepared for it, but when it happened I fell to pieces, but as I say she is improving again now and her infection levels are going down which is great news. I am not going to post too much here about her progress, but I am thinking of opening a thread in the premature babies section of this site where I can update on her progress etc.

My partner is Danish he says Millie has Viking blood in her and is a little fighter, so far she has proved him right, we just hope and pray that she continues to do so.

*hugs*

she'll be a lil fighter and will amaze you more and more each day

congrats!

Huge huns hun, I bet she is beautiful. My little girl was the same weight as your baby too :) I hope she continues to fight and proove what a strong little girl she is. Love and hugs x x x

:hugs::hugs:,

Sounds like she is a little fighter, and so are you and DH, prayers and thoughts are with you and your family . xx

Will be thinking of you and your little fighter! *love and hugs*

sounds like you got a strong little baby, good luck, and I will be thinking of you and your family.

Thinking of you - she sounds like a fighter!! x

What an ordeal you have all been through hun, you are alll very brave. I wish your little amelie all the luck in the world and hope she continues to improve. This is a wonderful sight with so much support and there have been lots of wonderful women on here who have been through the same sort of experience so I hope you find some comfort and support on here :hugs: x x x

good luck for the future. i hope you both have a speedy reccovery.

Thanks for all the nice words and positive thoughts, it's really nice to know so many are rooting for her. Much appreciated xxxx

Congrats to you and your oh. Your lo's a little fighter wish you all the best xx

It certainly sounds like the Viking blood is showing through! Congrats on the birth of your little girl and best wishes to you all x

Oh my goodness, congratulations on your super teeny baby!
It sounds as though your partner is right, but for you to have dealt with all of that whilst being kept away from your baby for so long, must surely mean you have strong blood too, so perhaps she takes after both of you.

I hope she continues to grow stronger every day, and I wish your new family all the luck for the future x

thats amazing!!! im glad shes doing well :D congratulations x x x

Bless little Millie... you sound like an amazing woman - I hope you and your little family all get to go home together very soon. xxxxx

Just wanted to send loads of love and thoughts for you and your family. Sounds like you have a true fighter xxx :hugs:

thinking of you xxxxxxxxxxx

Congratulations on the arrival of Millie. Wishing you all the best for the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->