Baby aspirin?- advice please

scerena

Cautiously Expecting #1
Reaction score
Hi I hear about taking baby aspirin alot- in considering trying this but I need to know more about it please-
What is it used for?
Is it just normal aspirin?- if so what mg?
Do you take it throughout your cycle or certain cd's?

Any help would be appreciated x

its 75mg dose, but u shud let ur doc know x

Oh ok I will ask my fs when I go for my scan tuesday x

I take it because it suppresses the immune system..which can help the egg implant. I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis, an auto-immune-disease, at 16 yrs. (Auto immune diseases can cause the body to attack itself and perhaps even a fertilized egg trying to implant) Although Ive had my colon removed I still have issues with my immune system...So I thought it would be a good idea to have the extra help. Just google Low dose aspirin and implantation..that should give you some more info. Hope that helps!

I think before taking any sort of extra supplements or aspirin I would consult with your doctor first. Best of luck!

I think before taking any sort of extra supplements or aspirin I would consult with your doctor first. Best of luck!

True! I dont like the idea of taking anything that isnt needed...

I take pregnacare I didn't consult my doc as they are fine in ttc and pregnancy, and aspirin I would consult about- that's why I was wanting to know more about it before I asked them. Thanks for the replies ladies :) x

I take it but TBH I don't know why? I had 2 m/c and my OB said to take baby aspirin to help prevent it. I took it the entire pregnancy HTH

Hi all I made this thread a while ago...
Anyway I was taking clomid and my lining was too thin... So I'm meant to wait until after my laparoscopy and then try clomid again...
I've done a natural cycle and I don't even think I ovulated (well not 100% sure) so I decided that I'm going to take my leftover clomid next cycle anyway... I heard baby aspirin can improve your lining is that right???
X

Bump
Anyone have any advice for me pleaseeee?

Hi Scerena,
I am taking baby aspirin from day 1 of my cycle...I was advised with past IUID and FET clinics treatments to take this....it does nothing for your lining, except thin your blood....thats why you are advised to tell your GP you are taking this....millions of people take low dose aspirin the world over however!! Mainly to prevent blood clots, heart attacks etc....it does no harm....all it really does for fertility and conception is thin your blood and make it less thick / sticky...this is supposed to help create ideal conditions in your uterus for any implanting egg....and is normally used routinely by many clinics doing IVF / FET. If you don't have sticky blood / thick blood or immune issues you don't really need this...but since I have had chem pregs in past I am taking no chances! When I used this for my FET I achieved pregnancy....I stopped taking this at 10 weeks (alongside my low dose steroid that my non UK clinic had advised me to take)...on the advice of the UK / NHS consultant - and I miscarried that preg within 4 days! GRRRR!!
Now I have found that doing our own research and not assuming all doctors know best - there are so many different / divided schools of thinking amongst the medical world anyway!! - works best ...since joining this site and many other FF sites, I have answered so many questions that I was previously bewildered with!

Hope this answer helps! Good luck!

Thank you for your reply...
I have had previous chemicals too...
Would it help with that then also?
x

This is what I just researched...

There is some research to suggest that taking a daily dose of baby aspirin can actually help with fertility as well. Baby aspirin helps to increase the flow of blood to the uterus. This, in turn, makes the uterine lining healthier, and helps with successful implantation. Other studies suggest that aspirin actually increases the amount of activity in your ovaries, and allows your ovaries to release multiple eggs during ovulation. Some health care providers may actually prescribe baby aspirin if you are having trouble with fertility issues.

In addition, baby aspirin acts as a blood thinner and can possibly prevent issues with blood clotting, which have been connected with miscarriage. A low dose of aspirin makes your blood platelets less sticky, which allows blood to travel more freely through the placenta to your unborn baby. Often, baby aspirin is prescribed along with Heparin, which is an anticoagulant. However, there is some conflicting research on taking baby aspirin while pregnant. If you are pregnant, you should consult with your health care provider before taking a daily regimen of baby aspirin.

from the site...
https://www.babyhopes.com/articles/what-is-baby-aspirin-and-how-is-it-related-to-fertility.html

I have problems with my lining whilst I take clomid so Im going to take it next month... Is it safe to take throughout the whole cycle or are you meant to stop at ovulation or anything?
x

You take it your whole cycle from what I read...That's what I'm doing anyway...

Thanks for the reply I'm going to buy some tomorrow for my next cycle :)
Did u ask your gp before taking it or did you just take it? Im just going to take it...
X

I just took it. ;) I'm notorious for self prescribing supplements after I do my own research

That's good- well I'm going to self medicate myself on this one :) and take it throughout my whole cycle too :) thanks!
X

I self prescribed myself the baby aspirin, and it caused me to spot before AF which I
Has never happened before... So I stopped taking it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->