Baby Aspirin for clotting issue

TTC Again

Teensy bit pregnant again
Reaction score
So, after 3 MC's I had a full blood workup done by my RE and they determined that I have some sort of genetic blood clotting disorder. Said next time I get a BFP they want me to start injecting Lovenox right away.

So, my question is, do you think I should start a daily regemine of taking baby aspirin while TTC or should I wait until I get a BFP and then start the Lovenox? I've read that there is no harm in taking baby aspirin, but then I've also read that it can impeed implantation.

Thoughts???? :shrug:

I had a miscarriage last May, and was told my my doctor that it was probably an undiagnosed clotting disorder and he told me to start taking baby aspirin. I went to see a hematologist who tested my blood and told me I tested negative for everything. He told me to take a baby aspirin every day anyway, because of something called "Sticky Platelet Disorder" or something like that, that is undetected and still a controversy in the medical community, he told me, but that baby aspirin would fix.
I took his advice and immediately became pregnant after my MC, without even getting a period! It was less than a month after we MC that I got my BFP for the next baby...we lost her to PTL/IC 6 months later, but the baby aspirin really helped throughout the pregnancy...she implanted pretty firmly and right away.
I would check with your doctor or hematologist...one quick phone call and I'm sure they could give you an answer.

my doctor gave me the go ahead without any test. He said to start it on cd1 and it couldnt hurt anything. GL!

LadyKate your baby is PRECIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, girls. My OB had told me to take it based on no testing, but just because it couldn't hurt. Then I got pregnant again, but lost that one at 8 weeks (due to a chormosonal abnormality though). Then we switched to an RE and she said to wait until I get a BFP, but maybe I'll start taking the baby aspirin again now just in case.

I was also just diagnosed with a clotting disorder, MTHFR. My RE has me taking baby aspirin every day, a prescription dose of folic acid, and I will do injections starting at bfp. I think she will have me stop the aspirin when I start the injections, but I'm not positive. I will see her on June 6th so I will try to remember to update you. If I were you, I would take the aspirin now!

I ad 2 mCs lasy year and my doc asked me to get a blod worrk done. I had some blood clotting issue and Low Vitamin D levels. She ased me not to try for 3 months and prescribed Vit d and also asked to take asprin within 2 hours of a BFP.

i've read that ginger is a natural blood thinner like aspirin..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->