Baby at 25 weeks updated labour been stopped!

Mumof42009

Mum Of 4 Preemie's
Reaction score
My good friend Nanaki from bnb is in premature labour at 25 weeks, they are trying to stop it shes had streoids to make sure the babys lungs are mature. They have transferred her to another hospital as hers cannot cope with the baby so small, is there any advice or help i can give her? Any babies born this early on bnb? what can she expect?
Ive had prems but not this early so know would be different thanks in advance x

didnt want to read and run but I really hope your friend is ok. We have had a few babies born early...and it was a long journey but they have pulled through. I guess all you can do is just be there for your friend...help keep her calm... :hugs:

Molly was born at 29 weeks which I know is later and is absolutely fine now. She had to stay in hospital for 7 weeks, and came home on oxygen. It all seems so long ago now and is all forgotton. I know someone who had a baby born at 24 + 2 and he is now 7 and you wouldnt be able to tell. Hope your friend's baby stays put as long as possible. The baby will be in the best place if it does come soon, the hopital staff are brilliant :hugs:

I had Archie bang on 27 weeks. I went into labour at 26 but the Dr's managed to stop it a few times. He was in hospital for 95 days and is doing just fine - totally perfect. I befriended a few Mum's in the hospital that had their babies at 23 and 24 weeks. All babies are doing grand but they were all in hospital for approx 110 days. Your friend has a long long journey ahead of her, all you can do is be there and offer your support. It's not easy but totally worthwhile in the end. Those babies I know weighed between 1lb 3oz and 1lb 8oz. Only one of them came home on oxygen and Archie who weighed 2lb 6oz nearly did too!

I have a journal that I updated each day whilst Archie was in hospital. You might want to print it off for your friend to read. It's helped a few Mum's on B&B.

If you need to ask anymore questions please feel free to PM me.

Lv Dona xxx

Read Charlottes story :cloud9:
WWW.CHARLOTTELOW.COM

Her parents are on the forum (Ali & wife Samantha) he is very nice and I'm sure wouldn't mind helping if he can x

https://www.babyandbump.com/member.php?u=1540

Wishing your friend every luck xx

Good luck to your friend. I just wanted to ask which hospital they are sending her to? What she can expect will depend entirely on the hospital. there are a lot of different levels of care available.

Wishing your friend loads of luck. I went into suspected preterm labour at 28 weeks, and had the steroids also but they managed to stop my contractions. I hope they manage to stop your friends :hugs:

Good luck to your friend. Hopefully they can stop labour and keep baby inside a little longer :hugs:

Ive done a thread about her on 2nd tri shes still having contractions been on a drip to try and stop them it works for a while but then they come back, im hopeing baby stays in there longer as been there myself 3 times and journey isnt good at the start but a relief when you get them home thanks everyone i felt silly asking the question but cause mine were born at 28,32 wks i know every week makes a difference xx

My couison gave birth to a baby girl at 25 weeks. She just came home a few weeks ago, and is doing amazing...so thier is hope :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->