Baby Bjorn Active, Close Baby, Connecta and Ergo carriers

colsy

Mummy to 2 li'l pudd'ns
Reaction score
I have just bought a bargain second-hand Baby Bjorn Active. I am really pleased with it, as it's quite comfortable and LO seems to enjoy being in it. However, I know this sounds a bit silly, but I don't feel this carrier gives such a good bond between me and LO as does my Closer Baby Carrier. The problem is, I am just hopeless at putting the Close carrier on myself and need OH to help me adjust the straps, so really it's not much use. Why do I feel the Baby Bjorn is less bonding? Is it just because it's more "technical" than the Close carrier? I guess the main thing is that LO and I are happy using the Baby Bjorn, so really it's a no-brainer to use this one rather than the Close carrier. Do any of you know what I mean? (Bit of a pointless question this, but feel free to answer!)

Also, I have been looking at Connecta and Ergo carriers too. Can anybody explain why I might like to try one of these when I am already happy with the Baby Bjorn? Do they take the baby's weight differently and therefore it's good to alternate between Baby Bjorn and Connecta/Ergo? Do they give a different experience of baby-wearing? Would you say one type is better for around the house whereas the other type is better for walking to the shops or going hiking?

Interested to hear your thoughts on all of these.

I dont know much about the baby bjorn- however does it have material between you and babies chest?
I use a couple of different carriers including the connecta you mentioned and there is nothing between us- babes is completely next to me :cloud9:
I'm not sure about the ergo- but mei tai's promote the closeness as you are body to body
xx

I dont know much about the baby bjorn- however does it have material between you and babies chest?

No, baby is still next to me with the baby bjorn. Are the mei tei ones easy to put on? Like I say, I found the Close wrap a right pain in the bum to put on, so I need carriers that are super-easy to deal with. (I'm also quite small and baby is quite big for his age - 4months - so we sometimes need to take that into account.)

I know people who carry toddlers with babyhawk mei tai's or connectas- I find both very easy to use.
For example with the connecta you use a buckle round your waist pop babes into position straps over shoulders, cross over and buckle at the sides.
If you like tying rather than buckles for a more traditional route then babyhawks are very good.

I have a baby bjorn and a babyhawk, I find I use the bjorn if I'm going somewhere where I know I'll be getting Oompa in and out of it lots, ie/ meeting friends or family for lunch who are going to want cuddles, as its easier to just unclip and hand him over and theres no straps that drag along the floor etc,.
If i'm just out down the shops and I know he'll be in it the whole time (bar a nappy change or feed) then I'll use the babyhawk as I just like it and its funky! :lol:

We use the baby bjorn original, and we find this an ace carrier and do plenty of country walks in it? Do you know the difference between the active and the original?

x

We use the baby bjorn original, and we find this an ace carrier and do plenty of country walks in it? Do you know the difference between the active and the original?

x

The Active has much better back support. We have both types. OH has been using the Original for ages, but Monty is getting soooo heavy that we decided to try the Active instead, and I have to say it is easier on the back. I still don't think I could wear him in it all day, but then I'm quite small so I'd probably find the same thing with any carrier. I look forward to being able to use a proper baby backpack, as I am much more used to carrying things on my back.

i use an ergo carrier and i must admit.. i love it.. im small framed and it distributes the weight perfectly mostly on my hips (i get a soar back easily).. also very easy to pop on and off.. i use it for walking my dogs aswell as popping in the shops etc..

i did however look at the baby bjorns aswell at the time and i could get the Ergo cheaper so thats why i went for it..

We have the close baby carrier- my problem is not so much the getting it on, i find that to be okay, it's the fact that if i have Toby in it for more than 10 minutes i find myself needing to keep wriggling with it and readjusting it :wacko:

I don't know if it's just because he is bigger now, as i remember loving it a lot more when he was tiny, but i took him to baby massage in it on monday, which is about a 15-20 minute walk MAX and by the time we got there it was really stressing me out as even though i'd done it up really tight so he was super high on my chest by the end he was practically staring at my belly button and the outer-wrap bit had come lose too :dohh:

I am going to persevere as i do think he looks comfy in there and it's very snug and according to the instructions can be used for a good while yet, but yeah, i was a bit stressed with it on monday, i felt like people were staring at me for babywearing anyway and then staring even more because i kept having to stop and faff with the carrier! :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->