Baby Bjorn?

Cattia

Reaction score
I have had trouble getting Abigail into a baby carrier. I got a fabric sling and she hated it, but I am now managing to gert her to spend some time in her mothercare 3 way carrier - however it is really complicated to use and has loads of clips, velcro etc. I have been told that baby bjorn are simple to use and you can just do them up on handed with a simple clip? I would like to get her one but there are so many differnet ones out there. My friend has baby bjorn active and reckons it is great, but what is the difference between that and the classic or the other baby bjorn models? Which ones would you recommend?

Thanks.

I just got the baby bjorn classic. it is fab. obviously, not tried it with lo yet but it seems very easy.
we got it because hubby is very broad and for him active one was too tight. Mothercare can let you try them if you want. i would recommend that as they feel different from one another.

I had the Spirit and although ok for a newborn and smaller baby, once Freya got past about 2.5 months it started to hurt my back and shoulders (and she was a small baby!) and I also felt the position it put her in was not very good for her posture. It was very simple to use though, couldn't fault it for that. The position of the legs in a Mei Tai type sling is better for them, have you tried one of those?

If you are wanting something easy, a Connecta is very simple and does up with buckles and the baby sits in a better position than a Bjorn.

However if you have tried these and they don't work for you, I think babywearing in a carrier like a Bjorn is better than not babywearing at all. :)

i had the spirit also, used it twice, no fault of the carrier i just prefered mai tais lol
it has a few clips but they arent fiddley, its pretty simple to use

i have the baby bjorn active and think it's great, i'm still using it on my 4mnth old, with no strain and yeah it is easy to use.

We use a Bjorn classic - because I think it was loads cheaper than the active one. We love it! Took LO out in it when he was 8lbs and he looked so small in it - but snuggled up and asleep within about 30 seconds! Now he is 3 months he is starting to want to face out into the world and take averything in - and he enjoys this.

It is dead simple to buckle up (although it is the only carrier I've used, so I've got no comparison). Just a simple device at the botton and then a slide-clip-thing on each shoulder strap. There is also a head support for little ones. By DH is very broad also, and the straps expand, so he can wear LO also. We tried them out in the shops before buying. Definitly a good purchase for us

I had one and I hated it. So uncomfortable compared to the moby or mei tai :)

I had the Spirit and although ok for a newborn and smaller baby, once Freya got past about 2.5 months it started to hurt my back and shoulders (and she was a small baby!) and I also felt the position it put her in was not very good for her posture. It was very simple to use though, couldn't fault it for that. The position of the legs in a Mei Tai type sling is better for them, have you tried one of those?

If you are wanting something easy, a Connecta is very simple and does up with buckles and the baby sits in a better position than a Bjorn.

However if you have tried these and they don't work for you, I think babywearing in a carrier like a Bjorn is better than not babywearing at all. :)

Thanks for this, I looked at the Mei Tai but it looked as though it might be tricky to get on and off and I was not sure if it would offer a lot of head support for a small baby (Abigail is not yet 5 weeks). How easy is it to use?

It offers as much head support as any other carrier, and once you get used to it is very easy to use. A Connecta is a Mai Tai with buckles, so even easier than tying. Have a look at them on google. I love tying mine though and don't find it hard at all. Could you go to a sling meet to try any out? 5 weeks is fine for a Mei Tai, she would have her legs up in a froggy position until they are long enough to go out the sides. :D

Mei Tai's are really easy to get on and off....just need to tie it 2x but like Kirsten says a Connecta is the same but you just use buckles instead :) i had a Mei Tai (Baby Hawk) and loved it.... :thumbup:

i use my baby bjorn when out on walks so i don't get too hot, and the support is great. Then I use my calin bleu fleece wrap around the house and for shopping because i can lean over without feeling like he's gonna fall out!

I have the Baby Bjorn Air and love it. I had a Babsling before and Ozzie looked squished and uncomfortable but with the Baby Bjorn he goes to sleep and seems very comfortable :)

Thanks for all the advice ladies! The fabric one I had was called babyroo but she seems to collapse into a little squashed up heap in the bottom of it and she hates it! It is also not adjuistable so I can't make it more comfortable either.I think I will go for baby bjorn active for walks and shopping but might also look at the mei tai or connecta for wearing around the house. Luckily we have some John Lewis vouchers left over from our wedding so I won't have to find the cash for a baby bjorn which would mean I could afford both!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->