• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Baby book

sojourn

Soon to have 2 under 2
Reaction score
I am getting a jump on the inevitable eldest child's half done baby book.

I am using sn@p products (I HIGHLY recommend) to avoid having those blanks that are not filled in that prove that, at some point, you no longer had the time/energy to put into the baby book. They have a lot of cute stuff, but I wanted to add different things.

Anyone have any ideas about things to put? I did a page of the ultrasound, I wrote a thing about where his name came from and made a list of weird things we did while I was pregnant. I really want to add an all about mom/dad thing.

Is there anything you've seen in a baby book that you really like?

Maybe just go to a store that has them or even a friend or family member and pick what you like? We just choose one from Walmart.i love it!

Family tree, a chart to keep note of when their teeth cut, first outings & holidays, first birthday, first Christmas, Naming Day/Christening, favourite foods, bathtime (favourite toys, picture of then in thr bath), bedtime, ours has a mum/dad bit with name, D.O.B, place of birth, hair colour and eye colour and we have a bit with where/when he was born, first visitors, gifts recieved, what we might have called him :)

Oh DS's was done month by month and had bits like, new things I can do this month, how long I've slept at night, how many teeth I have, favorite toys, height and weight :)

Oh DS's was done month by month and had bits like, new things I can do this month, how long I've slept at night, how many teeth I have, favorite toys, height and weight :)

Thanks! Great suggestions.

I didn't want to do a month by month, or anything with charts that could accidentally be left blank.

I have the WORST baby book. Now, I can kind of laugh at it, but it always made me feel really crappy as a kid. My big brother has a beautiful, detailed baby book with tons of pictures and scraps and stuff.
Mine...not so much. It's about half filled out with the pregnancy/baby shower stuff. Most of the "coming home" pages are filled and then a couple of lines from every month (which are all done with the same pen, so I suspect my mom was going back trying to fill it in from memory) and after 8 months (when she got pregnant with my younger brother) there is NOTHING!!!

So, I am really trying to avoid that. I know that all kids have half filled out baby books, but I am trying to set mine up so you at least can't tell that something *should* be there, and just isn't.

I have these fabulous little cards with the months and then some blank lines, so I can make my own things up. If I miss a month, oh well, I just don't put that card in!

So far I have:
A page for his 21 week ultrasound (the pic where you can see his creepy little 4d face, and then a pocket of all of the other shots)

A "We've been expecting you" page
-story strips of weird things we did while I was pregnant (like going to the last winning football game of a losing season!)
-the story of his name, plus all of the weird things he could have been named
-my favorite story about him kicking one of my preschool students in the face. The kid yelled "She's baby is REAL!!" and then proceeded to calmly lecture the baby about how it's not nice to kick and that we use our words instead. :haha:
-little "fun fact" tidbits about weird things about this year. The cost of a gallon of gas, the fact that the Gators had their worst season since 1979, random stuff

A Family page
-full names, birth place and date of my husband and I
-names of all of the cousins that have been born so far
-names of all of the uncles and aunts. A "fun fact" that, other than by marriage, our little guy has zero aunts (but LOADS of uncles!).

Working on how to do the grandparents...my husband and I both have divorced parents, my parents have both remarried. His father remarried, but that wife died. I don't know *who* to list...weird grandparents my kid will never meet? I also don't want to completely ignore my husband's step-mother...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->