Baby boy... Why you tease me so???

carlyjade86

Baking Bun #3
Reaction score
This is my 3rd baby... You'd think I'd know what I was doing by now but no, no idea!!
Last night before bed I started having tightenings that weren't painful, but were uncomfortable. I got PGP so I took my regular co codamol and went to sleep. Last recorded tightening was around midnight.
My 2 yr old slept with me as she's not well, so to say I slept is a bit of a fib, but I woke up properly around 5:30 where I was having actual pains! They were lasting between 30-50secs and were a bit erratic being between 5-9 mins apart.
I stopped timing when I got out of bed at half 7 and started cleaning my butt off (again!) and apart from the odd tightening, pains have gone :(
I feel a tit! With my first 2 my waters broke so it was easy to tell what was going on... But now I'm feeling like the girl who cries wolf!

Only other changes are that my boobs have started leaking heavily and (tmi) I can smell a really sweet smell from my knickers and they're a bit moist... Ew!
Gonna have a shower now, do my hair, put a bit of tan on and try to paint my toes. Maybe have a sleep and repack my bag and hopefully forget my disappointment!

Has this happened to anyone else and how long til proper labour kicked in? X

Isn't the sweet smell in your panties amniotic fluid? I'd go get checked to ensure its not your waters.

Sounds like pre-labour, with my third I had it for 5 days before the real thing. This time been going on for two weeks. I hope you don't have to wait too long!

Thanks for replies girls. Contractions started back after a sleep, around 3pm. He was born this morning at 03:12. He's a massive 10lbs 5.5oz but he's a beautiful little sumo baby! Head full of head. Was a little menace to get out as his waters didn't break without help at 2am and as soon as they did, I was in too much pain to get off the bed and back in the pool. He was hands down my most painful labour, but oh so worth it �� x

Ooh, I wasn't expecting it to be that quick! I'd started reading this expecting a story of stops and starts and no baby yet.

Lovely news :flower: Congratulations!

I hope you're recovering well and enjoying being with your new son.

Awesome news! Congrats on your little sumo baby! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->