Baby breech... Feeling flat :(

gills26

Reaction score
Hi lovelies,
I guess I need to vent or something, maybe just need to talk to people that aren't family and sick of hearing it all, but I'm hoping you'll understand :hugs:
Last time the obstetrician checked bub (around 31 weeks I think), bub was head down and all quite snug. But I had a late scan last week and she has turned and is now breech :cry: I have been having lots of tummy down time on all fours and tilting my pelvis etc, but I'm pretty sure she's still wrong way up.
I was really hoping I'd get my vbac this time around, but maybe it's not meant to be.. I have another appt this week, so maybe they'll reassure me, but I'm pretty sure I'll have to have another c section (which was actually a good experience last time, I just wanted to give it another go).
Anyone have a late-turner? Or any good tips on home remedies?
Thanks girls, sorry, I don't normally like to moan x

Just a quick message to say your not alone! I'm 35 weeks and bub is breech, has been for weeks now so I understand your stress! Are u looking to try anything before it comes to another section? I'm looking into moxibustion and my ob has suggested an ECV but I'm not too keen on that one. Hopefully our bubs will change by themselves very soon!!

Im only 33 weeks and I know baby still has time to turn, but hes breech and oblique at the minute which is an awkward position.......

I too am hoping for a vbac, and am trying everuthing to turn him around. So youre not alone at all......and I so hope your baby turns.......

X

My sil gave birth 4 weeks ago, her lo turned in her 39th week, she then went two weeks overdue!! One of my friends has just given birth to her little girl breech, so it can still be done! I'm really hoping for a vbac this time too. x

When I was pregnant with DS1, I was 39w5d, and he was head down, but my doctor said was not ready. This was on a Monday. I went in for an ultrasound on the Friday of that same week (routine u/s once passed due date), and he flipped without me knowing it and was breech.

If that is possible, then it is possible for your baby to turn around too!

I ended up having a scheduled CS. I was so upset, but, once I came to terms with it over the weekend, I was just excited about getting to finally meet my baby. My planned and ideal delivery went out the window - and to this day, I don't feel like I was cheated out of anything in terms of experience.

Thanks girls. I'm hoping there's still time. It just doesn't feel like there's any room left in there to turn! I've gotten some recommendations for a couple of good acupuncturists so I might get in touch with them if my appt on weds comes back she's still breech.
Fingers crossed! I hope your bubs all turn for you too! Xx

Check out the exercises on the spinning babies website. In addition to the pelvic tilts and lots of time on all fours, I did the inversions and the breech tilt daily to several times a day. My daughter was breech from 28 to 34 weeks and then she turned and was born naturally at 37 weeks. Also, if you are open to it, look into both chiropractic treatment and something called moxibustion (usually done by an acupunturist or reflexologist). It sounds kinda weird, but it's actually clinically tested to be as successful at getting breech babies to turn as ECV (without the risks associated with ECV). You can even get an NHS referral for it, though I'd just pay privately and get it done right away because it's usually most successful before 37 weeks. Good luck! Hope she turns for you!

I was booked in at 38+3wks to have a c section on 16th april due to baby being breech but went in had a scan.and she is head down... Im going in tomorrow to be induced... There is still time... I got told that i would feel her turn but i.didnt... Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->