baby buddies, due may 1st

We're going to find out! Being practical really, I need to know if I can get rid of all of the girls clothes I have or not! I found out with my daughter, I was scanned weekly from 29 weeks and was asked each time if we wanted to know, at 35 weeks we knew our little one would be in hospital for a while so wanted to get some nice clothes so found out. I gave birth at 38 weeks in the end!

Xx

Thats a good reason to find out...lol...

May I ask why all the scans? Im assuming that your daughter was born healthy too.

I threw up for the first time today! Only in bump world would this be an "accomplishment." Even though I hated it, it was tolerable because I knew it meant those hormones were working like they were supposed to! It's so early and almost everyone I talk to says they didn't start until at least 6 weeks.. but here I am at 4w1d already with the morning sickness.

I have been feeling a bit queasy, but not throwing up...yet...my mom said she didn't start until 6 weeks with any of her pregnancies, so thats when it will probably start. I wonder if you start with MS early if it ends early? I guess we will find out!

I've heard the earlier it starts the longer it lasts... I hope not!

May I ask why all the scans? Im assuming that your daughter was born healthy too.[/QUOTE]

My daughter had a swollen kidney on the scans so it was monitored weekly, when she was born she was much smaller than expected 4lb 13oz and only had one kidney. She has a group of problems called lower mesodermal defects, it just means that some of her insides were wrong so she's had 5 operations so far to correct them. To look at her you wouldn't know there was anything wrong and she just has regular check ups at hospital now.

It was a big shock at the time and very frightening but you learn to cope!

Xx

May I ask why all the scans? Im assuming that your daughter was born healthy too.

My daughter had a swollen kidney on the scans so it was monitored weekly, when she was born she was much smaller than expected 4lb 13oz and only had one kidney. She has a group of problems called lower mesodermal defects, it just means that some of her insides were wrong so she's had 5 operations so far to correct them. To look at her you wouldn't know there was anything wrong and she just has regular check ups at hospital now.

It was a big shock at the time and very frightening but you learn to cope!

Xx[/QUOTE]

Wow, that sounds scary! Im glad that she is doing well now. Is it a hereditary thing? whats the chances of it happening again with this baby?

i'm definately gonna find out what i'm having. I found out with my last two and it was an amazing feeling knowing if it's a little boy or girl growing in my belly.
I don't mind what I have but I think it's a special thing when you know more about the little person growing in there also I think it's a nice enough suprise when you see your babies face for the first time.
I think we all naturally hope our baby is healthy above anything else but I love finding out the sex, I can't wait.

Apparently it's just a very rare occurrence and I have as much chance as anyone else of having another affected child which is good. It's just worrying knowing what can happen. I'll be offered a very detailed scan at 15 weeks to check that all is well with this one....fingers crossed I get that far this time xxx

Hi, how you all doing??
Vicky, how are you getting on??

I have been so sick, I am really struggling to cope with the sickness while looking after my other two, I was sick at my daughters teacher parent meeting last nigh : (

Anybody else suffering yet??

My sickness was worse with my daughter than my son so I think I may be having a girl : )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->