baby cant poo in night?

T

tinytoes

he strains and grumbles in his sleep for hours every night, but cant poop...in the morning once he's fully awake it's fine and all is back to normal. but his sleep is so disturbed and he can wake upset...

anyone else have this? what can i do?
i might try a touch of orange juice in the night but i'm not sure how much or how often..

Most babies grumble in their sleep.Give it time and he will be farting you awake like Skyler is doing to me now!

I have the farting problem too! She is just soooooooo loud!!

She has never done a poo during the night either lol

You might not want to do it but giving Ally a dummy has helped him 'release' all his stuff at night.

Chloe can go anytime but she tens to go first thing, she also does the farting thing in her sleep (sometimes I find it hard not to laugh!)

it's just teh fact that he wakes himself (& mummy & daddy) doing these straining noises. Then when i pick him up and plan to change him as that can sometimes encourage poop, he'll scream and sounds to be in pain.

His straining coincides with 2 hours after a feed. Poor mite.

I do so hope he grows out of it soon. I cant wait to be woken up by wind!!!

So you dont think I need to help thigns along then?...his first 5 horus of sleep are quiet but after then i feed him adn things get noisy...i worry he wont be getting enough solid sleep...(&me!)

If my boy is struggling to let one out in the night he also semi-wakes up. I find just bending his knees to his stomach and then stretching them out again and also doing bicycle movements helps and he goes right back to sleep.

Try holding him in the sitting position, as if he were on a toilet. One of my books commented on imagine how hard it is to poop laying down, then you will understand why babies grunt so much. I do this with Bren, and it has really helped in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->