"Baby care" setting on washing machine?

I may sound really stupid here, but what good is killing bacteria in washing going to do? When any bacteria in bedsheets is probably around the rest of the house anyway?

Sometimes I think this nation has gone a little anti-bacterial mad! Babies need bacteria to help build their immune systems, good hygiene needs to be practiced around dangerous things like food etc but not everything has to be sterile...

This is exactly what I was about to say! The amount of stuff Stephen puts in his mouth that he shouldn't etc and when we see other baby's - he's constantly exposed to bacteria and germs! If you're not exposed - then how do you gain immunity!? I wouldn't bother with the baby wash... He gets his stuff washed on the standard 40 degree wash - the only time I EVER use 60 degrees is on whites!

I may sound really stupid here, but what good is killing bacteria in washing going to do? When any bacteria in bedsheets is probably around the rest of the house anyway?

Sometimes I think this nation has gone a little anti-bacterial mad! Babies need bacteria to help build their immune systems, good hygiene needs to be practiced around dangerous things like food etc but not everything has to be sterile...

This is exactly what I was about to say! The amount of stuff Stephen puts in his mouth that he shouldn't etc and when we see other baby's - he's constantly exposed to bacteria and germs! If you're not exposed - then how do you gain immunity!? I wouldn't bother with the baby wash... He gets his stuff washed on the standard 40 degree wash - the only time I EVER use 60 degrees is on whites!

Thank god I'm not alone! I am the same here, wash things on 30 degrees if not too dirty, 40 degrees for a bit longer of they are dirty and only white cotton bedding and bibs/muslins get washed on 60!

I'm not anti-bacterial mad at all but I do sometimes use the baby/toddler cycle when I use stain removers or oxygen bleach so I know its rinsed out properly. I also find the cycle really good for getting stains out in general xx

I wash everything at 40 except tea towels and dishcloths which I do at 90. Didnt cross my mind to do an extra rinse cycle to get rid of excess soap powder, might start doing that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->