Baby Carriers in Winter?

Dream.A.Dream

Mum to 6yo and WTT #2!
Reaction score
Hey, hope you don't mind me popping in to ask.

I'm going to be getting a baby carrier, as I use public transport a lot with not being able to drive and some of the buses around me aren't pushchair friendly. But in the winter, how do you keep baby warm enough?

Carrier will be something like this:
https://www.toysrus.co.uk/medias/sys_master/8609920511042960.jpg xx

Well slings and wraps are much warmer than that kind of carrier because they enclose the whole baby when they are tiny. But really it's just the same as dressing a baby for going out in a pram, plenty of layers and secure clothing. Because the baby is right against you they share your body heat so it's actually really good for regulating their body temperature.

just normal clothes in one of those, vest, sleepsuit, pram suit and hat

x

I have a hood on my carrier so just worry about his legs so use babylegs or long legged outfits under his bug in a rug or pramsuit.

I have a sling carried for when shes tiny and i was just gonna wear her over a normal t shirt and hoody then with my jacket round us both, And on her a vest, sleepsuit, jacket, but if she gets too hot ill take the jacket off, it depends on the weather really, im always roasting so my body heat will warm her too.

Thanks guys, sorry, it was a bit of a daft question :blush: xx

i would defo recommend a wrap or sling rather than a carrier like that they are much more supportive for both of you and will enclose bubs more as Shifter said!

i was out on Monday with Bug and she was in a normal clothes -( top trousers vest etc and a coat ontop ) in the our Moby and when i got to our classes she was actually sweating!!LOL when i left i didnt put her coat on her and when we got back into town it started gale force winds and lashing it down wth rain!! and i had to walk about 1/2 mile or so to get to Morrisons, i just pulled the shoulder part over her head so she didnt get blown on too much and when i got to morrisons she was sweating again(tho not as much as earlier!) so goes to show how much your body heat keeps them warm!!!! (i only had a little cardi on too:)

HTH's xxxx

it wasnt a daft question, i sometimes even now get confused about what im meant to be doing lol

x

I think it's Hope That Helps???

Well, that's what I've been reading it as anyway :rofl:

Could mean anything I guess :lol:

i am so scared of baby carriers cause my mum fell with me wen i was little she slipped on ice ouch my leg was fracture i still feel sorry for my mum cause she still feels so bad about it xxx

accidents can happen in pushchairs aswell though hun, i bet she feels awful though!

:flower:

x

My cousin tripped on the stairs carrying her DS1 just in her arms (they were both fine). Unfortunately accidents do just happen. I've also seen so many mums using their pram/pushchair like a battering ram, ploughing into the road with it ahead of them when they can't see what's coming :shock:

yeah i never really thought of it like that i have seen people use prams as you say as battering rams i seen a guy run across the road and there was traffic coming and he didnt lift the pram fast enough at the curb and you can imagine the front wheels hit the curb pram arse up in the air and poor baby face down poor baby. xxxx

yeah i never really thought of it like that i have seen people use prams as you say as battering rams i seen a guy run across the road and there was traffic coming and he didnt lift the pram fast enough at the curb and you can imagine the front wheels hit the curb pram arse up in the air and poor baby face down poor baby. xxxx

:shock:

OMG!! poor baby!!!

:nope:

x

I love my MamaJacket for winter - having DS under my coat, snuggled next to me, feels so secure.

Mel

I agree with the above posters about using a wrap or sling.

I also use my jacket that I bought when I was pregnant. It can go around both of us. You can also buy special baby wearing jackets that have head holes for both you and your baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->