Baby clinic

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Is it bad if I stop going unless 'I AM' concerned?

I went other day and everyone was leaving their prams outside when I got there one woman had her pram, bag outside nobody else was there I mean erm not only will I not leave my bag outside but get stuffed if you think Im leaving a £500 pram out there regardless of it being indoors! Am I being snobby lol You just don't know - who would know to stop someone I mean the baby clinic room is hidden in a corner. Then I got in there and felt so RUSHED to get in and out I was flustered trying to get her changed again (just had a rushed vibe) and they had the door open before I even got her in the pram! I thought it was so wrong and don't feel I need to take her every week now because of this!

I got fed up with my midwives and HV so i took him once every so often, maybe once every month or less and it worked for me, if i felt happy and i could see there was no problems and it saved me getting stressed by my HV (she is soo WET!!) go for it.

I have only taken Bethanie a few times. I like to take her every so often just to check, but have weighed her on scales here and it's so much easier. I know what you mean about the rushed, flustered feeling.. I don't like that either.

they must be the same up and down the country!

Mine's is rushed and I am always stressing out but all other mums "seem" to be so calm, cool and laid back where as I am getting flustered be it something as simple as trying to get her arm back in the babygro!

Why are babies so awkward getting clothes on in these situations?

Just go every so often, Lucy goes once a month too, if I had concerns Id go up, but I dont, just do the same with Caitlin.

xx

Yes i agree one a month should be fine.

I only took jack once a month.

Ours is the same Wobs, but I am quite luckily that the Healthy Living Centre where I go to see the HV and the baby clinic now has a "self weighing" area. Obviously this has a set of scales and conversion chart, I can also ask to see a HV if one is available. so there's no need to even go to the clinic unless I have concerns. I also decided not to go to the clinic because its only on a Tuesday, between 9.30 and 11.30. I think thats quite a small window of opportunity considering our babies have routines and well lets face it, most of us have lives ! lol. At least with the self weighing area you can go whenever you want. I am however going this Tuesday because I need to see a HV about signing my Sure Start Maternity Grant form. My Child tax credit has gone up so I now qualify for the £500 grant.

Not snobby at all, i certainly wouldnt leave an expensive pram outside either!

No I wouldn't worry about going. Once a month is plenty enough to keep an eye on her weight and to ask any questions you have.

Noah's not been til the 2nd of Dec! The main reason is its a bloody pain to park you have to literaly stalk people to get a space, and when I do get there all they say is 'he is on the top half of the scales only 5 out of 100 of babies are heavier than him!!' What shall I feed him lettece now then or take him thye gym?

Just annoys me, he's healthy and happy! I will take him when I'm ready unless obviosly I'm worried about something.

HV's do my bloody head in!!! UrghhhhhHH!!!!!

We only took Oliver the once as i had no concerns and could see he was growing! But i have started takin him every other week now since his reflux has been confirmed just to be sure he isnt losin weight and to get advice. Otherwise we wouldnt bother at all. So no i dont think its bad of u at all. u know if theres somthing wrong and if there is you'll get some advice. Otherwise not much point in my opinion.x

I thought I go once per month or so to check her weight, but intending to get a scale now as I want to check my weight as well!

I also would feel worried 'bout leaving the pram outside!

as long as you keep yourself up to date with milestone developments I do not see a problem to drop the visit there!

I have the impression, here it is a little bit like to see and to be seen, showing off your baby to the neighbourhood!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->