baby clothes - confused

emsie_123

Reaction score
Right,, I have been looking to buy some baby clothes. Better start now then leave everything til later :flower: but it has left me a little confused.

On some clothes it says "new born" and on some it says 0-3 months. Arent those 2 the same thing?! I also found "minimode", what does that mean? Are they like petite new borns...geez, this is confusing :haha:

My friend also warned me that some babies cant even wear the new born, OR 0-3 months clothes after being born because they are too small. Should I stock up on 3-6 to be sure I dont have naked baby in a few months? :haha:

Please if someone has done this before (or has some information) could shed some light as I really want to do some shopping! :)

The packets should have a guide on the back of what weight is suitable for what size. No idea how accurate this is tho (it's my first). I have a selection of sizes and styles, all bought in the sales or very cheaply and if there is anything I need more of once she is born I will either order it online or send someone out to buy it for me! I'm only washing and removing tags on a few things and once I know what size she is I will wash the rest of the stuff that will fit and return anything that won't.

Newborn is different to 0-3! Think newborn go up to 9ish pounds! I woulddefo recommend gettin a few items in newborn size!!

My advice would be to only get a few bits as i found when i had my LO i got given a complete wardrobe of clothes from friends that basically clothed my son until he was around 9 months.Most people buy newborn stuff as gifts as it looks cute being so small so i would wait and see what you get given. Newborn is up to around 10 pounds.then it goes 0-3 which is approx 10 pounds to something else. Your baby could be smaller but they can always wear their babygros a bit bigger x

I would say stick with 0-3 month clothes if you're going to buy. Even if it is a little big, it's better to be too big than too small. My daughter was born at 8lbs 13oz so newborn was never an option for her. Preemie clothes go up to 5lbs, newborn up to 8lbs, I believe 0-3 goes up to 12ish. But it's been a long time since I've bought baby clothes :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->