Baby clothing for charity

Janidog

Reaction score
I have some baby clothes that I want to donate to charity, but wondered it there is a charity for baby/toddlers/children where the clothes go directly to the babies rather then just being sold on.

I suppose im thinking of refugees centres etc.... that may need emergency clothing for babies.

Thank you

Maybe google names of any centres near you and give them a phone?

u can take them up to the hospital x(tinybaby/newborn clothes) x

What a thoughtful idea. I have just given away a load of baby clothes on freecycle, so I guess I'm doing charity work closer to home.
Don't the clothes bins in supermarket car parks go straight to third world countries?

Hi there, I run a charitable group that sends clothing and other items to orphans and abandoned children in Ukraine and Russia, where thousands upon thousands of children are dumped in under-funded institutions.

I worked in Ukraine in 2009, you can see a video of it here if you're interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CIX43zg5os&feature=g-upl&context=G2066a6eAUAAAAAAACAA

I have a group on Facebook and regularly send packages out to Ukraine and Siberia. They have to be maximum 2kg so I usually collect until I have 2kg, and then send. People also donate items and money to help send.

This is the link to the group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/hope2orphans/

there are plenty of places to send things to. If I get small baby stuff I usually send to Ukraine as I have a contact at the baby home. I also have someone who works with mothers who are considering abandoning their babies, encouraging them to keep them. They are often too poor to buy anything for their children so baby clothes are very useful there too.

Let me know if this would be the sort of thing you are interested in.

Sarachka - yes thats the sort of charity i was trying to think off. I have a bag of 12-18months boy clothing and some shoes, but i have more younger baby clothing packed away at my warehouse that I will sort through for keeps and charity :flower:

Sarachka - yes thats the sort of charity i was trying to think off. I have a bag of 12-18months boy clothing and some shoes, but i have more younger baby clothing packed away at my warehouse that I will sort through for keeps and charity :flower:

good for you, it's sooooo rewarding. My contact, Alexander, in Ukraine often sends me photos of the things being distributed to the children and it's so good to see their little faces.

Thats a lovely thing to do, i always give LO's old baby clothes to charity

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->