Baby cold/snuffly nose question

poppy

Mum of Three
Reaction score
Tristan seems to have a bit of a blocked nose - more noticeable at night when he is sleeping - sounds like he is having trouble breathing out of his nose (just over the last couple of nights). Is there anything I can give him for this? I know baby Calpol and soforth is for after 3 months. But what about a child's vaporub (I think you put it on their clothes)? Is this safe?

my son has the same i brought some saline nose drops from tesco last night it only cost £1.75 it helps them sneeze it down . violet xx

my hv strongly advised not 2 use vapour rub directly on baby...she said 2 put it in a bowl of boiling water in the living room or something so baby inhales it that way...hope that helps xx

Jay is the same and has been for a few days :( I've been using saline drops which seem to help ease it and a nasal aspirator. The first time I used it I was pretty grossed out as you actually suck the snot out (but there is a filter it goes into) but it really does work. I bought mine in Boots.

Hope Tristan gets better soon :hug:

xx

Hey hun, Rihanna had the same about 2 weeks ago and the doc gave her the saline nasal drops same as Violet and they worked a treat xx Hope Tristan is feeling better soon.... (Rihanna was snoring proper loud until it cleared up ... bless!!)

Lincoln has same problem and he's just under 3 months old. i put vicks vaporub on his chest and his blanket. i don't put on his clothes because he start pulling stuff now.
And today he got blocked nose and flam so i gave him calpol ( the doctor gave him )

Hope you LO gets better soon

saline drops for a stuffy nose! Hannah's got one every other day it seems :wacko:

Just one or two nose drops. Or try steaming him..steaming will help his blocked nose. :hugs:

i was going to say nose drops too, and steam :) i take maddi into the bathroom whilst i'm showering to help it :) x

We use saline drops and suction her nose out. Then we put baby vaporub on her chest and back. She's been sleeping in her swing so she's more upright instead of laying flat and she's got a vicks vapo-inhaltor thingy that gives off medicated secented vapors right next to her. Doc also told us to give her tylenol cause if she's stuffy she's probably got a sore throat too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->