baby constipation

leedsforever

Kerry!
Reaction score
I think my LO may be a bit constipated....

Im so used to lots of dirty nappies... today and yesterday they have been wet more than pooey....!! I changed 1 today that had the tinyiest bit yesterday...

...and I think just one dirty pooey nappy yesterday!!

she hasnt been as settled as the last few days either... crying etc..

what can i do?

My HV suggested some cooled boiled water in the morning when Kalea was constipated. She also suggested adding a couple extra OZ of water to forumla, but I didn't fancy that one.

She also said aslong as you get a poo in 3 days don't worry too much. And I know BF babies can poo every couple of days naturally anyways.

I hope you get pooped on soon x

She also said aslong as you get a poo in 3 days don't worry too much. And I know BF babies can poo every couple of days naturally anyways.

yeh i read this last night!

i also read that if they are sick alott to give water too.... as they can get dehydration

she had a breast feed last night and again this morning... hoping that will help :)

if you think she is constipated, straining more than normal and being unsettled then add 1 tea spoon of orange juice to an oz of cool boiled water!!! works a treat!!

h x

its definetly the straining thing and being unsettled that makes me think shes constipated more so than the lack of pooey nappies!! :)

yeh i read this last night!

i also read that if they are sick alott to give water too.... as they can get dehydration

she had a breast feed last night and again this morning... hoping that will help :)

My mum said a thing to watch out for, which is a good sign if baby is dehydrated, is that her soft spot in her head with sink in. But aslong as she's feeding regularly she'll be fine. Maybe just add a cooled boil water bottle in the morning, should loosen her up.

If you're like me you worry too easily!!

its definetly the straining thing and being unsettled that makes me think shes constipated more so than the lack of pooey nappies!! :)

Kalea has a little strain and her nappies are runny. Although when she strains you can hear it come out the other end at high speed. And that's when I go "Look daddy, she wants a cuddle!". My rule is, whoever she poos on, changes it! I just neglect to tell him she did it on me.

she had a big pooey explosive nappy today so has been sooooooo mcuh more settled :yipee:

what causes constipation though??? is it something I have done??

doc told me that breastfed babies can poo 10 times a day or once every 10 days so to not worry if LO doesnt poop one day. Ted often strains - trapped wind i think. their intestines are still maturing.

^^I agree, Chloe can have 2 or 3 poos and still look like shes constipated, I have found if I give her 1ml gripe water she will either do a massive burp or fart and will settle quickly

Babys can strain so hard, make it look like they are in pain and actually be fine. I thought Kyle was constipated but called my aunt (shes a paed nurse) and she said it was perfectly normal, and hes not in pain!

Glad to here she went poopy!

doc told me that breastfed babies can poo 10 times a day or once every 10 days so to not worry if LO doesnt poop one day. Ted often strains - trapped wind i think. their intestines are still maturing.

ar thanks... i was so used to having alot of pooey nappies... its a shock when i open her nappy and its just wet!! i feel better now!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->