Baby crying - Pick up or not?

What do most of you do when you're in the shower? we have always taken Bethanie in with us (in her rocker or bumbo). She can get out of Bumbo now, but shes a good girl so she sits in it nicely, I take her in with me when I shower unless shes asleep. I don't like leaving her alone too long.

Tam, Bethanie is like your little one.. I know what you mean. Shes a good baby, will sleep well at night (doesn't need comforting from us) and is well behaved in the day - I put her in the cot when im cleaning the room or getting dressed and she has a little play. Saying that, she does love to be held and tries it sometimes! plus I think all babies have whingy, clingy days.

If she's poorly then I think it's natural that she will cry more and want more cuddles. I feel like that when I'm poorly. So you have to respond to that.

Generally though I'm a believer in letting them cry it out, mainly because a lot of time I haven't got a choice. If you're dealing with one and the other one is crying, they have to cry!

There have been times during the day, particularly when they were very young and I wasn't quite in tune to their cries and we didn't have a routine sorted where they would both be screaming blue murder at the same time. It'd get too much and I'd leave the room for a few minutes maybe make a cup of tea, go to the loo or something and by the time I came back they were fast asleep. All they wanted was for Mummy to stop acting the fool and let them sleep!

I'm glad I missed all the books and info on stuff saying they couldn't settle themselves so young. I've always put mine down awake and they've always been able to settle themselves. A friend of mine said to me a while back "gosh it must be hard rocking two to sleep". Er.... rocking them to sleep? Nope. It never even crossed my mind.

I think thats a matter of opinion about them not being able to settle themselves that young. When Bethanie was TINY she was able to settle herself fine, she didn't get distressed at all. I don't believe in cuddling them to sleep all the time (especially at night). I've always put my foot down at night with cuddles and stuff, once it's bedtime thats it - cuddles in the day, cuddle sometimes at naptimes and she gets my attention all day. You have to draw the line somewhere don't you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->