Baby doesn't move when I want him to!

lauraairving

Reaction score
If I prod my belly(lol poor baby) he doesn't react at all!! My auntie sat prodding for ages the other day and was confused why he wasn't responding. I've also tried music. He won't respond if I use head phones or play it to him, but if in out/ in the car and there's music on he goes crazy.

It's not a thread about reduced movements as he's moving fine. It's just to see if anyone else's babies don't repsond when they want them to lol

My little boy goes crazy all day but as soon as my husband rests his hand on my belly he stops. :lol:

I sometimes put something cold next to him. My little boy does not perform on demand!!! It's when he chooses he always kicks the cats when they sleep on tummy just not when people touch him.

I've yet to meet a kid that does anything when you want them to :haha:

My little man barely moves for me and won't move at all for family and friends. The only time he moves on demand is when he hears his daddy's voice and then he goes crazy!!! Nice they seem to have a bond already but annoying for me and everyone else who wants to feel him move!

This baby definitely doesn't move on demand. One fairly certain way of getting some movement out of him/her is when I rest my iPad on my bump. Apparently someone doesn't like that! Lol.

If I rest my arms on my tummy he goes crazy and as soon as I move them he stops. I swear OH thinks I'm moaning for nothing when he really kicks cos as soon as he feels he stops haha. Glad to know I'm not the only one !!

:wacko: My baby girl is so ridiculously stubborn and lazy, it drives me insane. I work 40 hrs a week at a restaurant, and I can feel her wiggling, but she doesn't exactly kick when I'm up & about. Then when I get home, she'll move if she wants to, and if she doesn't want to - she absolutely won't. It seems like she knows when my days off are though, and she'll go crazy on Monday - the rest of the week she's pretty quiet. It absolutely drives me INSANE! Not to mention there's moment where it scares the day lights out of me :haha:

My little boy goes crazy all day but as soon as my husband rests his hand on my belly he stops. :lol:

This.

I was advised to get used to baby not doing what I want him to. :haha: Great practice for realising that babies (especially little boys) have their own minds and do what they want to do regardless of what their parents want. :rofl:

I can usually get my princess going if I try but she tends to fall asleep at the worst times. For example, I will eat something in the cab ride on my way to a scan, she will be kicking like crazy the entire cab ride and then by the time I get to the scan she wants to nap.

Of course if I eat something just before the scan she doesn't seem to care.

My LO always takes a nap for about 30 mins after I have eaten. Very considerate of him I feel. Lol. I've learned not to eat (no matter how hungry I am) if I need him to be moving for whatever reason.

My daughter would kick without fail if I put a hot water bottle on my back

My boy moves all the time, except on demand. And if he's moving tons and DH tries to feel he stops. I actually had to whisper for DH the other night to come feel and he came over quietly and baby kept moving. Mines another one that hates having my iPad on my belly and he kicks the crap out if it.

Well I am in a bit of a predicament with movements as well. I worked nights for close to 2 years, and up to 37 weeks of pregnancy. I have been on mat leave for a total of one week and I cannot seem to revert to days--well neither can baby! I rub my tummy at random times when I would like to do a movement count, and I will feel her move 1-3 times in response, but that is it...

She moves throughout the day, but not as strongly, as I think she is sleeping most of the time. Then at night between 3-4 and around 7am as well, she often moves like crazy, and the movements are stronger and more deliberate rather than just adjusting softly during the daytime hours, (if that makes sense).

I am not sure what to do, just maintain my night schedule until she arrives so I can do kick counts at night as it is normal for her?

Actually, one thing that does secure movement (jabs, kicks) is when I lay on my right side; I get the feeling it makes her uncomfortable and she wants me to move...maybe I can try this more often too.

My baby boy moves all the time. He never stops. He reacts to music too. The first time I put headphones on my stomach I felt his hiccups go from real low in the pelvis to right next to the headphone. But as soon as I tell OH to feel him move he stops. OH is convinced I'm lying about how much he moves :dohh:

My baby has a mind of her own as well. She moves just fine, just not when I want her to. I'd like to suggest that in the car baby isn't going crazy about the music but the vibrations in the car. My daughter moves a lot while I'm in the car and it doesn't matter if music is on or off.

They are human beings and don't "dance" on demand. Maybe he doesn't like being prodded??

They are human beings and don't "dance" on demand. Maybe he doesn't like being prodded??

Prodded sounds a bit cruel but I don't mean jabs lol.. All of the pregnancy apps I have say that baby should react to touch and sounds..

If your baby is moving on a regular basis I really wouldn't worry. Maybe he's just an awkward bugger lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->