Baby Dreams?

MEPride

Reaction score
I have a 10 week old baby. Starting maybe 2 weeks ago i noticed she has become very... active in her sleep. Different from the newborn active with flailing arms and grunting. She now twitches and even whimpers, silently laughs, snorts, or even lets out a cry... like she is dreaming. My friend's baby, who is 5 days younger, doesn't do this.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I should also add that she is either going through a growth spurt or is currently in wonder weeks leap #2. She has been sleeping almost all day and all last night. I think she's been awake a total of.. maybe 3 hours today? And snacking versus full meals, but more frequently.

Yup, both my babies started doing this around 2 months old. My 4 month old still laughs in his sleep regularity.

I thought this was gas?

My dd went through stages of sleeping non stop for days on end. I freaked out but she was fine (still feeding/doing the toilet, no temperature, alert when awake)

I thought this was gas?

My dd went through stages of sleeping non stop for days on end. I freaked out but she was fine (still feeding/doing the toilet, no temperature, alert when awake)

It's different than gas smiling. There's no grunting or pushing.... Imagine a dog when it sleeps. It's paw may twitch or it whines/barks in its sleep. You can clearly say the dog is dreaming. It's similar to that.

She's done this sleeping all day thing before, during her first leap. It freaked me out then just like i worry now. But she wakes and is alert. She talks to me and is producing dirty diapers. Just very sleepy...

Don't babies even dream in the womb?

Emma still does the laugh and cry in her sleep stuff even at her age, very cute!

This is normal, both of mine did this. It’s not gas, it happens when they’re in a light sleep/REM state. Until quite recently my DS2 would laugh in his sleep, it’s adorable. Both of them eventually graduated to occasional sleep talking whilst in light sleep and still do it now.

Sophie babbles in her sleep quite often just now. I'd love to know what she's dreaming about!

My niece will do similar things during sleeping. I think she is dreaming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->