Baby fever

myangel167

Reaction score
Just curious...At what age did your "baby fever" set in?

Mine started when I was about 22..almost 23. Im going to be 25 in January. I am hoping to be pregnant when I am 26. (but if it happens sooner that's fine by me!) Im having a hard time waiting!

haha i think ive always had baby fever. even as a child if anyone asked me what i wanted to be when i grew up, my answer was 'a mommy' or 'a housewife'. :haha: quite sad really. my parents had 2 more kids when i was 8 and 10 who i helped raise as my mom had PND and my dad was working overseas. Then i met now DH when i was 16 and got more baby crazy...when i left school at 18 i got a job as a preschool assistant for 2 years. and got pregnant, had DD and married DH at 20!

i think i was just really young lol. but ive always had that maternal instinct. its all I've ever wanted to be

I'm 21 and my baby fever just kicked in 6months ago maybe! I had always said I didn't want kids and then, bam! Now I can't think about anything else! I think it has a lot to do with settling down and talking about our future together with my boyfriend though.

Xoxo

I am 29. Married for last 3 and half years. Initially I thought of having kids after 2years of marriage. Was not that into baby thing. But as time passed I got crazy. Somehow we stopped preventing after 3years of marriage (late I know). I can't wait to have baby in my arms. Oh I need to get pregnant first. lol

I was 13. I admit I don't always have it thank God. It seems to lay dormant for a while, and for no reason at all, it kicks in again. It's been driving me crazy/depressed for years.

when it first set in i was 16/17 :/ sort of hasnt gone yet not at all :/ only break ive had from it is when i had a loss in october last year. :/ sigh

same goes for me! When I First first got it, it lasted about 3-4 months and then I got over it for about 6 months. but then it kicked right back in and now im obsessed. lol

I also have always wanted to be a mummy and I have always imagined having a daughter :) I met OH when I was 16 was pregnant at 18 and hoping I'll have #2 when I'm 23 :)

For me it was when I was 18, was told I couldn't carry full term, and that made me want one more

I was also about 22. I'll be 24 this year, so it's getting really bad now. haha

right there with ya! I'm 23. My baby fever started a few years ago but I knew I was to young. Dh and I had a miscarriage earlier this year and we've decided for aug/setp 2014 but the baby fever seems to strong, I find myself daydreaming about if it were to "accidentally" happen lol

Hello, I'm new here but will join in. I got baby fever just over a couple years ago. It's gotten worse as time went on, especially when I saw my nieces and nephews earlier this year (they're overseas). I just went off the pill last month, and since then it's almost consuming my every thought. If only dh was the same.

tiffanyamber...are you married or in a relationship? do u think u will have a baby soon?

LIRPA11 yeah, my husband says he doesn't want to try for a baby for another 2 years!! but sometimes he says..if it were to happen that he "wouldn't mind" so im kind of confused. he drops subtle hints and says things like..when I have a son, im going to do this with him, etc.

it makes my baby fever even worse! lol

I was 16 when I first had baby fever... haha. Pretty brutal. My brother and his wife had their first baby, and I was very, very close to them. I ended up becoming an NICU nurse later on, so I got my fix at work. Now I'm in a different area of nursing, newly married and the fever is sooo back on!!!

I'm 24, almost 25 and it started over a year ago for me and I'm pretty obsessed too. I have been learning so much about natural home birth and water birth and I really can not wait to experience it for myself! I think it is great to be excited about it instead of scared or worried about the pain.

I've always had it, especially since I was 4 and my brother was born. I wanted to do EVERYTHING for him! I was babysitting by the time I was 8 (my mum used to come with me, but let me "look after" the children), spent school holidays as a teenager volunteering at a childcare centre, and now volunteer at an orphanage! Newly married, so hopefully one day I'll have my own baby, until then quite happy looking after others ;)

I have always loved babies and children and wanted to be a mother some day. At 8 yrs old, I loved to visit my 3 and 4 yr old neighbors!

Then I spent years working around children and that made the longing for one of my own worse.

Oddly enough, now that we are officially NTNP, I'm actually rather distracted and not thinking about babies much. I think I'm just a bit freaked out that a pregnancy might be a reality soon! I feel funny even looking at pregnancy books or baby stuff until it happens.

Mine set in when I was about 13! But I knew I didn't want to be a teen mom. Now I've been married for a year and I keep hoping that we just happen to get pregnant even though we're not trying. I'm 2 days late today... so fingers crossed!! I'm so ready to have the perfect blessing of a baby with my husband :)

I'm glad I came across this thread. I have been feeling like I need to talk about this with people other than my friends and relatives, that think I'm crazy for wanting to have children right now. I am 26, and have had baby fever for as long as I can remember. I was fascinated with child birth from a very young age, and always knew I wanted to have children in my life. I am with a wonderful man that wants to have kids one day. Only problem- he has been unemployed for over a year and we are struggling to make ends meet :/ We haven't been preventing, and I could have sworn I was pregnant this month. The test is negative, though from what I've been reading it could still be possible. I guess I feel that even though we don't have much money, we can make it work. I feel fortunate that I have a job working with kids, so I'm not going as crazy. But I want my own so badly, and sooner than later!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->