Baby Flynn is here!

Gorgeous pic and love the name, that is our DS name who is 5 and everyone comments on it!!!

Congratulations. Your doing so well to be home after 2days! Welcome to the world Flynn. X

Gorgeous pic and love the name, that is our DS name who is 5 and everyone comments on it!!!

Thank you everyone :) Yes, we have had so many comments on his name too, we love the fact that we don't know anyone who has the name Flynn besides our little man :)

Ok, so now I am a tad more a wake (just a tad though!), I will go through 'the story'.

So, like I said, I was breech so had the section booked. Had to call the morning of at 6:30am to be told what time to go in, they had me go at 9am & I already knew that there were 4 of us booked for sections that day. I was slotted in 4th as I was not classed as high priority. We were put into a shared room with one of the other ladies booked in & given a gown to change in to (OH was given scrubs which he loved playing dress up in lol!). I had the anethesist, doctor & another midwife all come in at different times having me sign consent forms & explained the procedure & what would be happening.

Finally at about 12:50 I was told it was my turn & was asked to sit up on the bed, the IV was then put in & I think I received an injection of some sort too (can't believe I have forgotten already!). The staff were really chatty & really nice in general & made me feel really comfortable. They then had me lay on my side & I think I had another injection before the epidural to numb my skin a little, then the epidural. I don't really remember it hurting too much, it was more stingy & uncomfortable, specially as I started to feel the epi work its way down my spine. They then had me roll over onto my back, which was weird as the epi was already starting to work, it just felt like a warm, heavy sensation making its way down my body. They did a pin prick test quite a few times until I could not feel it anymore (the epi went from my toes up to the top of my bump), they also did a cold spray test too. Once everything was completely numb they inserted a catheter in.

When they started the section I could obv not feel anything physically, just had the sensation of mvement & tugging & I could feel the bed & my boobs shaking lol! Finally at 1:23pm they dropped the sheet & held my little boy up & then he let out the loudest scream, it was music to my ears (I m actually getting teary thinking about it again!).

They took him over for a quick check & wrapped him up & bought him straight over to me to cuddle, I was able to hold onto him for as long as I liked, hubby & I had a few pics taken & just sat looking at him for a few minutes. They then took him to weigh & measure him & hubby was able to cut the cord too which I was really pleased about. In the meanwhile I was being closed up, this took a while, as I later found out they do each layer individually, they used disolvable stitches too. They gave Flynn to OH to take out & wait for me to be done.

I was then taken to recovery (there were about 4 or 5 other woment there too I think), Flynn was put by by side & left to feed & have more skin on skin time. The feeling started to come back to my legs after abt 2 hours & was completely back by 3 hours. I was sponged, cleaned & sent to the maternity ward. Catheter stayed in until the following moring, but did not feel it when it came out, it was a strange sensation rather than painful. After that came out I decided to try get out of bed, so I called the nurse & they helped me out & walk to the toilet, I was ok getting there, just pretty stiff & sore. Went to the toilet ok (was a llittle painful where my muscle/uterus had been cut). I got pretty dizzzy on the way back to bed & had to sit down as I felt ike I was going to faint, sat for about 15 mins until that passed & was then ok, the next 2 times I got out of bed myself with no help. It was expected after that that I would try & do things myself (which I was more than happy to do, as I felt a little sad that I did not get to change Flynn's first nappy).

I was discharged after 2 days, which I was happy about as I hate hospitals!

Moving about is still a little difficult, specially in the morning when I have not bee moving all night. but can deal with it ok & have pain meds too. My back is really sore, a result of bending over to pick up Flynn a few times, listen to advice to not bend over, your bones & ligaments are still very soft & I regret doing it, as it is pretty painful tbh. The cut is still a bit raw & bruised looking, am hoping it will fade over time.

I think that is everything? Sorry for the essay lol!

If anyone has questions at all or just needs re-assurance, I am more than happy to help!

Gorgeous, many congratulations!

He's lovely. What a gorgeous name, congrats xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"