Baby Food????

DeeStar03

Reaction score
Hey everyone.. My son Louis will be 4 months soon and he goes for his 4 month check up next week actually.

Anyway... I'm hoping the Doc will tell me I can now feed him real baby food!!! He;s been on formula for some time now and it just looks boring! Today I actually bought Gerber baby food bananas flavored and he LOVED IT!!.. Soo.. just wondering when they start to get baby food and if your baby has had it yet??

Any idea's? Thanks!

Most doctors I know dont recommend you start feeding baby till 6 months. If you are going to start feeding him, Start with baby rice for 3-5 days. Then move to barley or oatmeal for 3-5 days. Then start the stage 1 foods slowly. If he is spitting it all out, it could mean he is not ready just yet.

At Valerie's 4 month check up her peditrician gave us the go ahead to start giving her food. She was still breastfeeding every 2 hours, so he said she could definitely benefit from it and hopefully make her go longer inbetween feedings. Anyway, he gave us a schedule that has been fitting her very well. It goes like this:

Morning: Milk, 1 tbsp of rice ceral, and half of jar of fruit/veggie
Mid-Morning: Milk
Lunch: Milk, 1 tbsp of rice cereal, and rest of jar of fruit/veggie
Mid-Afternoon: Milk
Dinner: Milk and half of jar of fruit/veggie
Nighttime: Milk

Mainly the peditrician said to just make sure you always breastfeed or give formula first because milk is still their primary source of nutrition right now. Hope this helps!

When starting on solids, do you need to give them any extra water or other liquid? If they are eating solids it will mean they drink less milk which means they get less liquid than when they are only fed on milk.

My boy is currently drinking 1200ml of milk per day. We have been told as soon as that is not satifying him then I need to start feeding solids. From just before 3 months he was drinking the amount of milk that a 4 month old baby should be drinking.

I'm like you, I can't wait to feed something besides just plain boring milk. I've already bought him some strawberry and some banana flavoured porridge which can be fed from four months and also some of the jars that can be fed from 4 months. Bought him a fancy travel bowl and spoon set as well. I'm so impatient, but am being good and listening to the pro's.

I make all Noah's baby food, and from the book Im useing it says to give 2-4 oz of water at ever feeding. I find it makes it easier sometimes for him to swallow stuff too.

Thanks, makes sense and my boy seems to like water when we have given it to him.

You guys feed baby water? cold water? tap water? what do u do? in a bottle right?

I am BFing only, and don't plan on introducing food anytime soon. I am not in a hurry and feel he will let me know when he wants something other than booby.

My pediatrician had us start rice cereal because he is always eating and I go to work twice a week. 1st week rice, 2nd week oatmeal, 3rd week barely, 4th week mixed grain. He told us to hold off until 6 months for other foods to try and prevent allergies later in life. Good luck at the peds hun.

i was told to start introducing food like baby rice at four months, as the weeks go, try giving them icecube sized chunks of other stuff mushed and frozen - like apples, bananas, etc. Only to use baby milk and boiled water until 6 months.

Charlotte has been having rice cereal mixed in her bottle since she was 5 weeks. We started some carrots then too, then stopped them cause she didn't seem to need it. We started up with a lunch time feeding about a month ago (she was about 9 weeks) and she has had carrots, sweet potatoes (her FAV), butternut squash, pumpkin, green beans, peas and peaches. She has one thing for at least 3 days in a row with nothing else new to make sure she's not allergic. Our doc said as soon as she could hold her head up on her own we could feed her so long as she was liking and taking it.

Thanks everyone! I'll be sure to let you all know how it goes next week!! Can't wait to start feeding my man... looks like he wants REAL food!... well atleast some baby cereal and stuff like that! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->