Baby foods in the UK - Help please

goddess25

Reaction score
I will post this on the feeding sections too but wondering if you ladies have any input.

I live in Vancouver, Canada but am from the UK. I am heading home in Jan for 3 weeks to visit the family and I am looking for some advice in terms of baby foods.

My son is almost 10 months old so he is eating.

He also has formula and the variety we use here is made by Nestle and its good start. Does anyone know if this is for sale in Scotland? I am presuming its not so what are the good brands of formula there? I am going to bring some with me to last a little while but I obviously dont want to bring enough for 3 weeks as its pretty heavy.

What brands of Baby cereal are there? He eats a basic oat cereal made by Nestle and I dont think thats there either. What brands are good ones?

He loves yoghurts and I have been using ones here specifically for his age group called little ones. I know there not there. Whats a good brand of yoghurt there for babies?

What are good snacks for them there? Like rice cracker things. I will look in baby depts when i get there, but my mum wants to get a few things in mean time before we arrive.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

I'm not sure about the formula or baby cereals as I don't use them. Organix do a range of finger foods including rice cakes which are pretty good. For the yoghurts, I've been using Muller Little Stars because they say they're suitable from weaning and I'm totally clueless! Enjoy your trip :hugs:

Hey hun...

Formula - Havent heard of the one you had but the most popular ones here are SMA, Cow&Gate and Aptamil. I've used SMA from the start and tried other formulas due to wind etc...but have always gone back to SMA...and am currently on the stage3 one which is for 6 months onwards. Up to you...might be worth having a look on the shelves to see what catches your eye....:shrug:

Cereal - I no longer use baby cereals.....i give weetabix or ready break instead which are standard cereals but are ok for babies as they have lower sugar/salt levels. Ready break is an oat based one. Otherwise i have used the baby cow&gate ceareals and they we're great for early weaning.

I agre with Lu28 on the snacks and cereals....organix are the best healthy snacks and the Muller Little Stars dont contain too much sugar compared to others yoghurts.

Hope i've helped and sorry to ramble on.:blush:

xx

Having done the trip the other way round I can tell you that you won't be able to get the formula here, I've not heard of that cereal but there are plenty of plain oat ones to choose from. As for jars of baby food, heinz, hipp and organix have a very good range - plenty to choose from. We tend to have rice cakes here - not at all like the baby yumyum things you get in Canada and there isn't really anything similar so if they are a firm favourtie with LO then bring some with you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->