Baby fruit sizes..papaya??

mumoffive

Reaction score
Baby seems to stay a papaya for 3wks? ..from 22-25wks and then changes to an eggplant? I wonder why!!??? It has changed every week up until this point! Maybe babies growth slows down at this stage. I expected it to change when i turned 23wks and was surprised it stayed the same! Noticed others now at 24wks and they are still a papaya!! Roll on 25wks when baby is an eggplant.

There's not a great deal of difference in size between a papaya and an eggplant so maybe you're right, baby could be slowing down. I'd noticed myself when I looked at the list of fruit sizes.

hee hee..yes, they probably did run out of fruit. Miss Cakes, i see you are a papaya too! I actually have never held a papaya and googled it and its quite big actually. I was quite shocked! Mind you, i do have a big bump! I dont think the fruit sizes are accurate, just thought it was funny that its changed every week up until this point!

I noticed this too. I love logging in on here to see what size fruit bubs is compared to and when for the third week it didn't change, I was gutted lol. They ought to come up with other things to compare with. I think it's not only down to size but also length and weight too. Wait while bubs is the size of a beach ball... Although I already feel I am lol xx:haha:

I noticed this too. I love logging in on here to see what size fruit bubs is compared to and when for the third week it didn't change, I was gutted lol. They ought to come up with other things to compare with. I think it's not only down to size but also length and weight too. Wait while bubs is the size of a beach ball... Although I already feel I am lol xx:haha:

I am the same! was soooo dissapointed and even when im 24wks tomorrow it will stay the same! Its rubbish!!! Think they should try and think of other fruit. I agree!

I noticed that too, I like my weekly fruit updates so was dissappointed when it didn't change for a few weeks!

Look on the bright side though it means you have that bit longer before the scary watermelon! Lol

i think it'll happen for the remainder of the pregnancy :( only changing month by month. I guess now i can just imagine a bigger and heavier eggplant than last weeks

I read that baby would be growing quicker from around this point (23/24 weeks) ? hmm

I read that baby would be growing quicker from around this point (23/24 weeks) ? hmm

It's true! My weekly pregnancy app on my iPhone says the baby will gain about 1/2 a pound between now and next Sunday. Surely that's bigger than a papaya?! I was so disappointed when mine hadn't changed again this week! I think I might get a different ticker because it has annoyed me so much :haha:

It's true! My weekly pregnancy app on my iPhone says the baby will gain about 1/2 a pound between now and next Sunday. Surely that's bigger than a papaya?! I was so disappointed when mine hadn't changed again this week! I think I might get a different ticker because it has annoyed me so much :haha:

I thought so. don't trust the ticker! lol

filthy tickers they are lying to us i wanna change mine too i dont wanna be a papaya anyway x

and you'll stay an aubergine for 3 weeks too! B o r i n g!

J x

well im not gonna be a boring aubergine for three weeks it must be changed!

An aubergine for 3wks!!!!!????? Now thats rubbish! Thought it was bad being a papaya for 3wks!!!!

we should come up with our own fruit or vegetable for the in-between sizes. I have seen bump pictures, and the baby does NOT stay the same size for 3 weeks! :)

these are from another site.....

22 weeks- spaghetti squash

23 weeks-large mango

24-ear of corn

25- eggplant

26-English cucumber

27-large head of cauliflower

28- Chinese cabbage

i THINK the fruit comparison is just for approx for length of baby. so while LO is packing on the lbs, he/she may not be actually growing much iykwim. i could be wrong.

As someone who gave birth to their baby at 23.4 weeks...they are actually bigger than a papaya for the most part at that stage anyways...and most certainly all are bigger than an eggplant. The average 23-25 week preemie is 12-16 inches long. I suppose they mean curled up...but even then they are bigger!

Tickers make me laugh now that Ive had a preemie...they are off on a lot of things!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->