Baby gender and myths...were they right for you?

mummy2lola

Mum to 2 trying for 3
Reaction score
So this time I’m having a surprise but looking up gender myths made me think of my other two and if they were right

Girls

Sweet food-no I craved cheese
Bad morning sickness-yes all day until 20wks
Bad hair/skin-yes always greasy hair
Carrying high-can never really tell
Mood swings-can’t remember

Boys

Savoury food-nope,it was all cake cake cake
Easier morning sickness-yes none at all
Nice hair/skin-yes my hair got really thick
Gaining all in front-didn’t really feel like I gained
No mood swings-none

This time I have all the girl signs again and mood swings are intolerable sometimes so will be interesting to see

Im not sharing the gender but I'll tell you my past and current stuff:

DS- carried weight all over, craved french fries and bbq sauce. No morning sickness.
Dd1- carried small like a basketball, craved fruit. Early sickness.
Dd2, carried medium, craved fruit & candy & mt dew & oj & pancakes. Early and then late sickness.
This baby, carrying small, craved pizza. Early sickness.

Girl - morning sickness was worse, carried weight all over

Boy - not much morning sickness, carried like a basketball to the end, very moody!

DD- craved sweet foods, morning sickness was mild, was all baby I put no extra weight on minus bump

DS1 - Craved savoury foods, morning sickness for full 40 weeks, put on loads of weight

DS2 - morning sickness terrible until second trimester, craved sweet things, bump was HUGE but didnt put any weight on anywhere else (thought this baby was a girl in the beginning)

All my girls I craved sweets! Less tired... My boy now im more tired moody and nauseated... I crave savory salty foods...

Sounding like that’s exactly what they are,just myths as not many very spot on lol xx

5 boys here. My sickness has been worse with each one, lasting longer, this time it was all day as well. I never craved anything with my first 3, but craved a mix of savoury and sweet things, as well as spicy with the 4th and 5th. Headaches with the first. Nose bleeds with the first 2. More tired with each pregnancy. I've carried high, low, all over, and just bump, I've had a big bump and small bump.
Ds4 I had pretty much every girl old wives tale. Gender charts were 50/50 for my first 4, I've not even looked for this one. Skin was super spotty for the others, but really dry this time. Never really had many mood swings with the first 3, I'd cry but with the 4th and 5th I was/am really irritable and short tempered. Also this time a friend was convinced I would have a girl because I could only drink orange/fruit juice, no hot drinks, no water or squash, just pure juice.

DD1 - Felt fine limited nauseous moments , no cravings at all , was round all over , heartburn , no cravings
DD2 - Developed SPD, nauseous , was round all over again , terrible heartburn, no cravings !
DS - Had SPD and heartburn again ! Early Nausea, Was all front . Craving for tomatoes and cheese and I hate tomatoes always have , then suddenly couldn’t stop eating them ! Not ate a single one since he was born!

I’m still having all the girl myths but I had my 20wk scan and sure I saw male parts :haha: I may be wrong but I kept thinking I saw them about 3-4 times so pretty sure bubba is a boy lol xx

Ooh I’m so in awe that you can wait so long to find out haha.

I’ve had 2 boys now, and the only thing I’ve noticed is that I barely had MS with either. I also didn’t notice bad acne/greasy hair. However I did carry differently with each boy, and I craved different things with each boy. My 2nd son I only threw up once - my first I threw up 5-10 times (can’t remember!). Either way it was mild for both.

My first was a boy and I had TERRIBLE morning sickness. All day. Everyday. Until he came out (I puked him out, no joke)

I could eat a gallon of chocolate ice cream in the end.

My nails & hair grew quickly (only boy symptom)

since I puked constantly I didn’t gain any weight & carried in a tiny little ball lol

after all that I decided the wives tales are just that!

I’ve got a girl and another girl on the way but the pregnancies are really quite different!

dd1:
Carried high
Basketball up my top type look
Sickness until 14 weeks
Good skin
Great hair
Craved sweet
Gained 32lbs total
Felt her moving from 14 weeks and my husband felt her move at 17 weeks

Dd2:
Carrying very low
Just look fat
Sickness only went away in the last few days
Bad skin (didn’t have this many spots as a teenager!!)
Hair breaking
Craving salt
Weigh less now than pre pregnancy (nearly 20 weeks)
Still not really feeling her move!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->